cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BCS Data copy of BCS data from PRD to QAS via TDMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Here we want to transfer BW data from PRD to QAS, and only BCS data are needed to be transferred to QAS, I have searched that SAP has a product named TDMS (Test data migration server), I'd like to know whether it is possible to realize this requirement via this way? or there are other ways can realize it?

Any suggestions are highly appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,

Nick

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For SAP BW there's no scenario to transfer "only BCS data", you can transfer data given by a "from" date for BW systems. For ERP there are other scenarios available.

The easiest way would be to copy the full system and then delete those things you don't need.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Thank you for your reply

Since we have to use the TDMS and I didnu2019t use it before, Iu2019d like to know whether the TDMS can transfer data given by a u201Ccubeu201D data for BW system or it just can use the time variant?

Thanks,

Best regards,

Nick

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

TDMS is a separate product, has to be licensed separately and implies installations of addons on the affected systems plus it requires you to create a so called "system shell" before you can fill a system with data - so don't expect it to be something you install and run in a mattter of a few hours.

For BW, only a date based reduction can take place by default, however, the underlying framework allows also to create an own package, this is consulting.

Markus