cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please suggest on Autoextend on and file size

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have installed SAP ecc 6.0 system on oracle 10.2.0. Our file system & tablespace setting is AUTO Extend on.

1. Some files in the database reached the size above 30GB. will it be problem if the size of datafiles is grown above 30GB?

2. If we have sufficient space at file system, is it suggestable to keep file settings auto extend on for oracle database?

Kindly advice me.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Veera

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>1. Some files in the database reached the size above 30GB. will it be problem if the size of datafiles is grown above 30GB?

Yes, if the max file size is 30GB then the datafile will not grow beyond 30GB. You need to add another datafile.

>>2. If we have sufficient space at file system, is it suggestible to keep file settings auto extend on for oracle database?

yes, if you have sufficient free space on filesystem then you can use the autoextend datafiles.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

what is the maximum datafile size in oracle 10g for SAP ecc 6.0 ( for a non bigfile tablespace)

Regards

veera

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

OS ?

Maximum File size varies from OS to OS. Refer [SAP Note 129439 - Maximum file sizes with Oracle|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/129439] to get more detailed information. With HP_UX 64GB of File size with db block size of 16KB is possible theoretically.

I would suggest you to Maintain main Table spaces manually (PSAPSR3, PSAPSR3DB, PSAPSR3USER,PSAPSR3700) with small data file sizes (10 to 20 GB in size), based on its Daily/Weekly/Monthly growth rate calculation.

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

on Windows, you can go up to 32GB if using 8K block size..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

In our SAP system tablespace PSAPSR3701x has 3 files and the sizes are 30GB, 30GB and 20GB with settings autoextend on.

1. If I keep aotoextend on will it be a problem in future or not?

2. Suggest me what are the action to take as a administrator?

Regards

Veera

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>1. If I keep aotoextend on will it be a problem in future or not?

There is no issue if you keep autoextend on, until you have sufficient freespace on the disk/filesystem. Make sure that you keep the value 32GB for maxsize parameter on each datafile. Mean your datafile will not grow beyond 32 GB.

>>2. Suggest me what are the action to take as a administrator?\

If you search for Database Administration for Oracle on help.sap.com you will get a very good documentation which will help you what to do on day to day basis to maintain your database.

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

check the maximum size for your datafiles, they must not exceed 32GB. If they were set to unlimited, you will have Oracle errors when it tried to grow above 32GB.

BRSPACE will help you set this up.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Veerab,

I also suggest you to configure CCMS auto reaction mails for the File system and table space

Cheers

George