cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to receive XML file over HTTPS/HTTP from customer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello PI Experts,

I'm using PI7.0 My customer wants to send xCBL2.0 OrderReponse XML file via HTTPS/HTTP. He is just asking me to give him a URL so that he can send the XML file over that URL link.

Once XI/PI receives the OrderResponse message he doesn't want any confirmation XML file back to him. So this is not a synchronous interface.

Once I receive the OrderReponse file from him, I will convert into IDOC and send to SAP system. This part I know what to do, but have no idea of how to receive the file over HTTPS/HTTP from the customer.

I asked him to proive the details of their server so that I can pick the file through FTP connection. But the answer came back to me was "NO"

Initialy I thought of creating a WebService and give it to him but later understood that Webservice can be used only with Synchronous interface.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check this thread:

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan, you asked me to talk to System Admin, do you mean Basis person? Please correct me if i'm wrong. Let me presume that System admin or Basis Guy is giving me the URL address and I in turn would give to my customer who would send the OrderResponse XML file via that URL(HTTP/HTTPS link). Can you please help me what are agreements setup I need to create in ID.

Hi Hareenkumar, I visited the blog mentioned in the Link unfortunately it didn't give any answer to my question. All they are talking is how to send XML document via HTTP.

My question is not how to send XML document to XI/PI via HTTP/HTTPS,instead how to receive the XML document. Let me put in simple way.

I've to give the URL Link to customer. Customer would use this URL to send the XML file over HTTP/HTTPS to my XI/PI system. I don't need to bother how the customer is going to send the XML file. All i've to give to my customer is the URL link. My question is when the customer sends a XML document via HTTPS/HTTP using the URL(which i'm going to give, not sure how i'm going to create the URL), how XI/PI is going to receive that document.

1. Can you please let me know how to create a URL link.

2. What is the sender adapter type I've to create and what are the values I need to fill?

Edited by: XISearch on Dec 1, 2010 8:08 AM

Edited by: XISearch on Dec 1, 2010 8:08 AM

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Hi Stefan, you asked me to talk to System Admin, do you mean Basis person?

The person who is responsible for your network.

To enable a customer to send data through a company firewall, no need to provide the technical infrastructure. You might have a router in the DMZ which redirects incoming messages to PI.

I recommend to ask your project lead to help you finding the responsible people.

>Please correct me if i'm wrong. Let me presume that System admin or Basis Guy is giving me the URL address and I in turn would give to my customer who would send the OrderResponse XML file via that URL(HTTP/HTTPS link). Can you please help me what are agreements setup I need to create in ID.

Check the security guide in online help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have to create a simple plain HTTP adapter for this scenerio.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Talk to your system admin guys.