cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print A4 on Letter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

what I want to do is to print A4 Forms on Letter paper. The problem is, we dont want to copy all SmartForms.

Is there a way to convert the printout from A4 to Letter size when I send my document to the printer?

Thx for your answers.

Rgds

Phil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Phil,

I you set the page format to INCH12 in the smartform, then there is no command sent to the printer to select the page size. So it will use the default paper size of the printer. i.e. A4 or LETTER. In this way, you don't need a separate smartform for each paper size.

Of couse, if the smartform output does not fit into both the A4 and the LETTER paper, you will need to change the smartform window sizes.

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok thx for all the answers,

It's a pity that there is no other solution.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The Dimensions are different A4 - 21x29.7 cm and letter 21.59x27.94 cm

and also check what is the paper size give in the smartform....

u can still do it ... give a try without modifying any smartforms..

surya

Former Member
0 Kudos

The paper size in the smartform is A4. I know that the size is different this is the problem I have because If I try to print A4 on Letter it will be cut at the bottom this is why I'm looking for a workaround.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

U need to change the smartforms as their is no other option,, either by reducing the MAIN window Size , reducing the footer etc..

its a rework...

surya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thx for your answer, I have found a thread where you have to change the "Printer initialization" at the output device... But I'm not sure if this is helping?!

I have no experience in this, maybe you can say more:

Thx again