cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDM takes up al lot of disk space - What can be done?

Former Member
0 Kudos

As most of you will probably have experienced first hand, the patching of an EP takes up a lot of disk space. When you transfer a SPS to your EPS\in for instance, the SDM will copy the packages to it's temp directory for installation. There it is removed after installation, but I've seen my SDM directory grow larger and larger over time.

I've noticed that in the SDM\root directory, there are two location where applications and patches are kept. These directories are named "origin" and "origin_sc".

My question: what are these directories used for and can they be emptied without serious consequences to conserve disk space?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

W Jeuken

First off, thank you for bringing this to my (and the forums) attention...

I wasn't aware it kept the "history" of the last upgrade/deployment - I checked my XI System and it's using about 800mb!

I have checked OSS Note 756084 - Common met SDM v6.30/6.40/7.0 problems, but there is nothing listed in there about this, and I have also checked the SDM documentation (/usr/sap/<SID>/<INSTANCE>/SDM/program/doc/SDM_Documentation_EN.pdf) and nothing in there, either!

It appears it is Stored for UnDelopyment of individual components...

Undeployment

You can use the undeployment function to remove installed applications from the SAP J2EE

Engine.

Your SAP J2EE Engine contains SDAs of applications that you can select to be undeployed.

This proved invaluable for me recently when I had to backout two specific SCAs due to corruption.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are there any other insights on this matter?

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP Note 634757 may be of some assistance.

Thanks,

Phil

Answers (0)