cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with solman version and agents

Former Member
0 Kudos

We configured RCA in Solution Manager and would like to verify the agent versions we've installed if they are ok. Please note

The following installations in Solution Manager

Solution Manager v7.01 sp23 ehp1 sp06

Wiley EM 8.0.2

ISAGENT 8 SP2 (8.2.2.0.20100713084111) /LM-SERVICE 7.01 SP7

Diagnostic Agents 7.11

Following installations in managed systems

Version of most managed systems NW7.01

Diagnostic Agent 7.11

ISAGENT 8 SP2 (8.2.2.0.20100713084111) (as seen in Agent admin)

Are these versions correct? I've looked at numerous notes and they seem ok.

We've tested and almost all features are working. We did not install saphostagent and i was told by SAP it is absolutely required for NW7.11.

If we decide not to install the hostagents at our current version, would all RCA functionality work?

Thanks and appreciate your assistance on this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

The following installations in Solution Manager

Solution Manager v7.01 sp23 ehp1 sp06 = OK

Wily EM 8.0.2 --> I would update to 8.2.2.0 I'm not sure on your Wily vs ISAGENT versioning. The installation guide of Wily Introscope sais connecting a newer agent to an older version of Wily EM doesn't work properly, it doesn't specify if they mean ISAGENT 8 to Wily EM 7 or also ISAGENT 8.2.2 to EM 8.0.2 so I would update Wily EM to 8.2.2 to be sure

ISAGENT 8 SP2 (8.2.2.0.20100713084111) /LM-SERVICE 7.01 SP7 = OK

Diagnostic Agents 7.11 = OK

Following installations in managed systems

Version of most managed systems NW7.01

Diagnostic Agent 7.11 = OK

ISAGENT 8 SP2 (8.2.2.0.20100713084111) (as seen in Agent admin) = OK

Install the SAPHost Agents to make sure you have all relevant data available, make sure you check the SAP note concerning running SAPosCol as a service under the SAPHostAgent

Also make sure you implement the dispatcher in diagnostics (SAP note available to get dispatcher in diagnostics metrics) and a dashboard is also available to implement in Wily

Kind regards

Tom

Edited by: Tom Cenens on Nov 30, 2010 9:16 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your response. I will update the Wily EM to 8.2.2.

Regarding the hostagent,If I install the hostagent with its own saposcol and ccms, do I need to disable the saposcol for the managed system or not? Does it impact the startup/shutdown and behavior of the managed system in any way at all? I noticed that when I installed hostagent in windows, it removed the service for saposcol and I also had to disable the ccmsr service.

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

It depends on your managed SAP system I would say, make sure you check that it recognizes the SAPosCol by checking in ST06.

It shouldn't impact shutdown / startup behaviour. The hostagent offers additional functionality (sapcontrol for example can shutdown and startup your instance) but that functionality is only in use if you configure scenario's that use the hostagent to actually do those things.

Downtime management in SAP Solution Manager uses sapcontrol I believe to stop SAP systems on scheduled timings. There is a presentation available from SAP that gives details what scenario's use the Hostagent or what you can setup additionaly when having it.

For diagnostics it's just fetching data and it doesn't affect your SAP system.

Kind regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much. Do you know where I can find the presentation you mentioned for the hostagent?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Upgraded Wily EM to v8.2.2