cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Load Balancer and gateway ports in diagnostic setup

Former Member
0 Kudos

I keep getting setup errors when setting p diagnostics

The ABAP gateway provided to the Managed System setup wizard is empty or not valid.

For gateway I am using 33xx . Gateway host= hostname of main instance

Loadbalancer port= 36yy. What is the fastest way to determine the ports for a system?

Can someone please help?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can find these port values in Default and instance profiles.

You can check SMGW for gateway server parameters and SMMS for messege server parameters.

Cheers

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

You can find these ports in transaction SMSY under the respective SAP system / product instance in SAP Solution Manager (that way you don't have to logon to each seperate managed SAP system).

Kind regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Tom, unfortunately Im the one who updates SMSY and therefore i need to be able to get the gateway port and update both (SMSY and diagnostic setup).

So if ABAP if DVE=00 and ASCS=01, SCS=02, what is the abap gateway port number and the Load balancer port?

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

For me the best way to get data into SMSY is from the SLD. I don't know your SLD strategy but if you make sure all your SAP system data also ends up in the SLD connected to your Solution Manager you can simply fetch the SAP systems from there without having to fill in those entries manually.

Please take a look at this document from SAP concerning TCP/IP ports for SAP applications

[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/4e515a43-0e01-0010-2da1-9bcc452c280b?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true]

Your gateway port should still be 3600 in the case you describe

You abap message server port will be 3301 as you ASCS has the message server for Abap

You java message server port will be 3902 as you SCS has the message server for Java

Your load balancer / jump in port will be 50000 (direct connection) or 50004 through P4 service

KInd regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you - that is what im looking for... And thanks for the link.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

The message server port under Java Connect Parameters

39<SCS instance number>

Load balancer or Jump-In Host port number:

5<instance number>00

So if you have SAP system dual stack DVEBMGS00 SCS01

it would be 3901 for Java Connect and 50000 for Load balancer

Kind regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

My java connect parameters are correct, its the ABAP ports for gateway that is erroring out...

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You mean the ITS port number that you have to enter when you click the details of your connection agent (in the right pane when you perform setup)

That port should be 81<instance number>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your help.I mean the gateway port when i click on the left side of the diagnostic set up:

ABAP connect Parameters

abap client 010

**Gateway host - hostname Port 33xx

Load Balancer

Fully qualified host name - server.company.com

Port Number 36xx

What is a quick way to get these port info for each system?

Our java setup are connecting fine. But our abap set up errors out with incorrect Gateway port.