Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC Adapter crashs the server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I created the following Async scenario

DB2 -> JDBC -> PI -> RFC -> ECC

Fetching more then 150,000 records from the DB2 crashes the PI (the Java)

I was looking in the IBM site for solutions, didn't find any related parameters for the driver to configure.

How can I get the data without crashing the server?

Is it a known issue with the JDBC driver?

I need all the data - about 500,000 records every load

Thanks

Ranny

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I already tried restricting the number of records, it works up to 75000 records then crashes.

Just for general knowledge the statement equal to "top(X)" in DB2 is

SELECT * FROM <TABLE> FETCH FIRST <XXX> ROWS ONLY

Thanks

former_member192079
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ranny,

FETCH FIRST

this can cause multiple reads of same records. You had to use Stored procedure only.

where u can fixed the no. of unread records. and distinction functionality between read & unread records.

which is painful, using normal sender JDBC adapter.

Regards

ashu

Former Member
0 Kudos

To make sure I have a problem with the JDBC, I exported it to a flat file and changed the scenario to take it from that file.

As you can guess, there were no problems at all.

I tried MSAccess with ODBC, again no problems taking even more records from the DB2

So somthing with the JDBC adapter is making the server work till it crashs so hard I can't even start it again without stopping the JDBC service.

Since I'm taking the data from an external system, every change cost money, so I have to try everything before changing anything in the source system

Thanks,

Ranny

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check if you can restrict the numbers of records by a DB specific select command.

I do not know DB2. In MS SQL it works with select top(5000) * from ...

Maybe you can also use a stored procedure to achieve the same result.

I assume that creating the XML structure from DB select result is too memory consuming, but I do not know how to prevent this behavior.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

u can also check in DB2 if there is a export option to export the data in a text file and then use this text file as an input.......may be there is a option to schedule such export utility in DB2............i dont know DB2......just thinking DB2 may have an export data option.......

former_member192079
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ranny

DB2 -> JDBC -> PI -> RFC -> ECC

SO u r using Sender JDBC channel.U need to configure it, based upon certain conditions...

your problem is no where associated to driver issue...

1. whether u r using update option, to filter out the previously read records.

2. Better use Stored procedure, rather then plain Select query,

Regards

Ashu

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

IBM site will not help you, you have to come with good design in this case, 1.5lac reacords means high volume,so insted of that pick up less number of records..like spliting..

Regards,

Raj