cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

diagnostic self-check timing errors

Former Member
0 Kudos

We configured RCA in solman v7.01 sp23 ehp1. When we ran the self check, the error on Managing system check displays the following:

The system time of the Introscope Enterprise Manager host and the Diagnostics host are not synchronized and the difference is larger than 2 minutes.

If the EM and Diagnostic host are on the same machine, why would they differ in timing? The same error occurs when I ran managed system checks. How do i adjust the time for introscope?

We are using wily em is 8.0.2 and diagnostics v7.11

Appreciate your help...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

I would recommend you first update Introscope EM to 8.2.2 to match your ISAGENT version 8.2.2 and perform the check again.

Kind regards

Tom

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

Have you checked the system time of the managed system and the managing system?

Are they within 2 minutes of each other? Are you syncronized to a time server? They should be if you are using a time server, they very well may note be if you are not. SO this is the first thing to check, because the error could be what it sounds like.

If the time difference is within 2 minutes, then the issue is not really based on the system time, so Tom may have something in syncing the versions. But you really do need to look at the system time on each system.

Regards,

Paul

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I thought it was on the same server, if not you should check the time zone settings of each server and make sure they match.

If it's on the same server the time zone settings cannot cause the issue and you should look for software / configuration mismatch.