cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to read ZIP files(having PDFs,Image) using IDoc without XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

1)Is it possible to transfer a zip file (having an image or pdf) using IDocs in SAP 4.6C without XI?How?

My scenario: "MQ Series link for R/3" converts Business-Reports from a third-party software,into SAP IDocs.Each Business-Report contains one XML file and one ZIP file (if any).

2)Being on ABAP side,do I have to worry about how the zip file would be converted into IDocs?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Without XI?? I dont understand. Have a look at this anyways..It deals with sending an image file through XI.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/6d967fbc-0a01-0010-4fb4-91c...

cheers,

Prashanth

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a feeling I have posted this question in the wrong forum or maybe I will let you decide this.Any help would be appreciated (even the right forum name).

My scenario requires integration of a non-SAP software which talks in XML with SAP R/3(4.6C).The customer has decided to go with 'MQ Series link for R/3' (which integrates any non-SAP application running on IBM MQ Series to R/3,by converting data(in any format) into IDocs).He is not ready to go for XI.

The Problem area is a functionality which requires the non-SAP software to send XML file along with an attached Zip file.So,XML document,basically,has a 'zippedFile' XML element having actual file in XML keyword 'file'.

This XML document ideally, should be converted by the subsystem(MQSeries link for R/3) into IDocs i.e. into a stream which could be stored in a table on R/3 side and later, sent back to the non-SAP software through MQ Series link to be converted into zip-file again with corresponding pdfs,images.I wanted someone who has worked in a similar scenario to confirm this.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Anand,

Can you please elaborate on what actually your requiremnt is?

Regards,

Bhavesh