Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plant merging with one co.code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

here i have one critical scenario,

M000 is one co.code and O111 is one co. code and O111 is having 3 plants P1, P2, P3, now these 3 plants are merged with co. code M000 . but plant codes changed again as P01,P02,P03 with same settings copied.

now only one co.code in the company. so whats the impact on old data and how can we rereive the old data if we removed the O111 co.code and P1.,P2,P3 plants from the structure.

Please give me suitable solution to overcome this issue on my ongoing project.

Thanks and regards

Madhu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

this is to inform you that,

merging plants from company code which is in already in use is difficuilt task because you need to take care of

stock values must be '0'

stock must be '0'

material and accounting documents should not show any values.

you have to retrieve the old data before you assign to new company code by going inside the tables which are relevant to plant as well as company code transactios.

make sure and consult with MM and FI consultants before doing this assignment and take suggestions from them also.

regards,

balajia

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually in Merger projects , you just remove the assignment of old plants from old company code & assign these plants to new comp code without changing plant code. in such case, from the now on entries in respective plant posted under new comp code for old plants.

where as if you changed the old plant codes then it will be considered as new plants in new comp code & acts similarly as creation of new plant in new comp code.

Regards,

ReazuddinMD