cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing paths of images

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I'm trying to change the paths of about 80000 images. The images are links to original images only.

Example: an image might be linked to "c:\images\4453.jpg" and now i want to change that to "d:\pictures\4453.jpg".

Is it possible to do this without having to unlink and delete all the previously linked images?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Is it possible to do this without having to unlink and delete all the previously linked images?

I am not quite sure but you can give it a try and hope it works..

you can try with image as you given 4453.jpg.

Firstly copy all the images from C drive to d drive, Please don't delete any images in C drive.

now open Data Manager-->Select Images as your current table in MDM Data Manager rather than by default Main table.

Now once you have opened with your Images table, In Records tab, you would able to see all of your images. Select image 4453.jpg, right click on it>Replace>a new Replace Image pop up window will open--> now click on your previous link file and then click on remove and then Add image from D drive. Make sure that your Radio button is clicked here for Link to original file only.

After wards check there tab usage which will show you that, is still this image from D drive is linked to Main table records.

For confirmation, you can check records which are linked with this image and after replace verify by selecting in main table that still main able records have linkage with this image or not. if it works you can then delete this image in C drive. similarly then you can do for rest of images one by one.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Mandeep.

I actually already know how to do this, but to do it for over 80000 images, as you could imagine, its a massive task that would take way too much time and recources.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David

If you have access to database where your repository is mounted, is possible that you change in mass the original location of your images. Follow these steps:

1 - Create repository archive

2 - Unload your repository

3 - Access the database

4 - Select the table A2i_CM_Data_Locations, and verify the last ID

5 - Create registry in table A2i_CM_Data_Locations, with this values: ID = Last ID + 1, Parent ID (the ID Value where is your Hostname, in my case 1), Name (D:), Type 4. If your pictures are in a different directory, repeat this step for each directory node, creating thread across the field Parent Id.

6 - In table A2i_Data_Ex_7, change field "OrigLocationId" to ID value that you created in table A2i_CM_Data_Locations.

7 - Load repository with Update Indices

8 - Open your Data Manager and chose Image table. Select all images and right click mouse, select "Generate Thumbnails". If this operation not return Error log, your changes are completed with sucessfull

Regards

Vassoler

Edited by: Thiago Vassoler on Feb 25, 2011 9:02 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Thiago, your answer along with some help from SAP support have solved the problem.

Regards

David Guo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to propose a robust manner of replacing images paths.

Please note that modifications in the DB level are not recommended and might lead to implications that can not be supported by the SAP support team.

I recommend the following actions in order to replace images:

1. In MDM Data Manager, having the Images table selected, under Objects menu please select the 'Replace from File option'.

The expected source file format is a tab delimited text file of the following structure:

Code Data Group Language Path

2.You can export to text (File->Export to) all the images that need to be replaced and use it to generate the replacement file.

For example:

1. Export the current images in the repository results in a text file with the following:

Code Data Group Source

group1 English [US] C:\temp\IMG_0287.jpg

Let's say now that the folder 'temp' has changed to 'Hedda_Cohen'

So the file to be uploaded to 'Replace from file' should be:

IMG_0287_jpg group1 English [US] C:\Hedda_Cohen\IMG_0287.jpg

You will notice that the image record source will now show the new replaced path.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Hedda Cohen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Hedda, if we run into this problem again, we'll definately give your solution a go and post the outcome.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know a solution to this? Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Why don't you copy/paste pictures folder from c to d in the unix server.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi George

The images have already been moved to the new location. However, MDM is still looking for the images linked to the old path. I'm not sure what copying and pasting folders in the unix server would actually do. Do you mind explaining it a bit?

Thanks