Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attachments in Travel Expense Application

kannan_rajagopalan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

There is standard provision in travel expenses for attaching scanned receipts.

When we implemented travel management, we used the standard travel request creation and travel expense creation. The rest of the system was a 'z' application.

Now when the user attaches scanned receipts in travel expenses, how do we retrive it in expense approval application?

I trust there should be some FM to call that scanned receipts. Do any one know what is that FM or kindly let me know how to retrive the attachments.

Best Regards,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are still looking for an answer, take a look at

0 Kudos

One issue to remember in customising for scanned travel receipts is the following for backend;

In Travel Management, there are 2 kinds of documents which can be shown.

Document types for attachments to a trip are shown due to the use

of BUS2089. Document types as archived business documents are shown

due to the use of TRAVEL. So you must customize this accordingy.

Attachments > BUS2089, Business documents > TRAVEL.

Dependency on the TRVPA feature: when OAA is 0, you will only see

attachments to a trip (BUS2089), if it is 1, you will see both

attachments to a trip and also stored business documents (TRAVEL).

There are limitations of this in portal The Web Dynpro applications in EHP4 handle attachments as such and not as Business Documents (as in the back end). However, this functionality has been implemented in EHP5.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/en/5d/eecf6d3832433ea4d292e57d925e10/frameset.htm

Please also check here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/dc/92d8345388482be10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm

(see note 530792 and 904711)

Hope this helps

regards

Sally

Edited by: Sally Redmond on Dec 2, 2010 1:45 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj,

I believe there are couple of different ways to configure and store documents, so what fits one scenario may not work for another. If ArchiveLink could be used, please try FUNCTION 'ARCHIV_CONNECTINFO_GET_META' and see if that helps. There are few more functions in the same function group that may be useful. I think there are some SAP delivered classes/methods too, but we haven't tried them.