cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adapter Module for SSL Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have JMS -> PI -> SAP ECC scenarios (both way).

We have to develop an Adapter Module which will be able to provide SSL communication with the end-system (JMS). We have a JAVA developer who will help in writing the module code; however he is not sure about SSL (encryption and decryption).

Can anyone please provide me a reference which implements SSL using JAVA code; something which a core JAVA-developer can understand.

Thank you,

Pankaj.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

venkatanarayana_vagu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Refer this link,

For adapter module on the context,

My suggestion is go for mapping side development rather going for adapter module development.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please explain a bit more about the approach?

Thank you,

Pankaj.

former_member472138
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

From the JMS adapter FAQ note : 856346,

Security

Question: How do I use the security mechanisms of my JMS provider (such as encryption and client authentication)?

Answer: For the most part, you cannot use them at present. JMS does not specify an API for controlling and calling security functions, and therefore JMS cannot control them. In theory, it is possible for the JMS administered objects to be preconfigured with security attributes and created in an LDAP directory that the JMS adapter accesses using JNDI. For the most part, however, this solution is incomplete. It requires additional data (such as the client or server certificate) to be transferred frequently when the QueueConnectionFactory or the queue is created, using methods that are specific to the provider (because they are not specified by JMS, see above). In general, a normal JMS adapter does not recognize these methods.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/8c/607fe4756b654ab9f420097c29f6e9/frameset.htm

Regards

Pothana

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The connection with the JMS system was established using SOAP channel and hence the normal HTTP(s)configuration worked.

Thanks.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think the sample adapter provides an example code for SSL

You find the source in SAP note 100400.

SSL inside an adapter module is a rather comples task and needs deep inside in Adapter Framework.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried to open the SAP Note (100400), but I am getting an error message:

The requested SAP Note is either in reworking or is released internally only

I used a User-id with which I raised an OSS ticket.

Actually we raised a OSS message and got a reply from SAP to create a wrapper and implement SSL. Hence I was looking for some reference to SSL in a Module.

If there is any other workaround available then please let me know.

Thank you,

Pankaj.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can access the note. Try again, it might have been locked when you tried this.

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1004000

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am sorry, I was wrong, there is no SSL sample in the code.

You only find the code to access the keystore, where you get the keys to enable SSL encryption.

This is a prerequisite and useful anyway.

You find this code in the sample module ConvertCRLFfromToLF.java which is also in the note.

The SSL encryption is Java standard and I think you find samples in Internet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You only find the code to access the keystore, where you get the keys to enable SSL encryption.

Even this piece of information is useful to me. I will check with the JAVA developer and hopefully he should be able to understand the code.

I will keep the thread updated on how things proceed. Meanwhile if any one has a more optimal (or standard) solution then please do post.

Thank you,

Pankaj.