cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving off early watch reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are in process of tearing down our current sol man system. It has been there since 4.0 install then upgraded to ehp1. We would like to resize the system from the beginning and start fresh. While doing this though, if possible, we would like to save off the early watch reports the system contains so far, in a manner where we have copies of EWA saved off for future references. Is this possible? There is option for archiving ewa reports but as far as I know of archiving, once this DB is gone, it will hard to retrieve those.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

It is possible to Archive to a 3rd party Archive system using Archivelink.

If you have a Content Server setup you could use that for instance, or set one up.

You will want to reference SAP Note 546685 - Archiving in Solution Manager (operation)

Additionally you might want to review the Online Help

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm70ehp1_sp23/helpdata/en/87/7b726c30db4348a6766eaeeedbf65d/frameset.htm

Regards,

Paul

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all. your answers make sense. For now I will hand pick and save EWA's to a share drive.

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nemoz

You have to ask yourself the question to what extent it is worth the effort to setup archiving for those EWA's and to what extent it will be useful.

How about saving a few important ones (or the last ones for each SAP system) in PDF format and putting them on a disc ?

Or setting the mailing function of EWA on so you receive the latest ones.

I don't really see how valuable old EWA's are. You get information in the EWA that is important at the current date/time and helps you to manage future changes (implementing changes upon recommendations).

Management and overview of changes is achieved in a better fashion with change management and solman diagnostics (change analysis) but is also limited in availability date wise.

Kind regards

Tom