cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference in source code between NWDI and NWDS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is the story. I had made changes to an ESS application and all these changes were included in an Activity, say ACTIVITY1. I did not check-in the activity. Meanwhile there was a basis NWDI upgrade. This caused my activity to disappear but my changes were still there in my project in NWDS. So, I carried on making more changes and these were included in a new activity ACTIVITY2. All the changes were successfully deployed and have been working fine.

However, now some other developer has to work on the same application on his system. But when he imports the configuration from the track, only the source code from ACTIVITY2 is visible in the studio. The changes that I made in ACTIVITY1 are not there.

IS THERE ANY WAY TO DEPLOY THE ENTIRE PROJECT/SOURCE CODE FROM MY NWDS TO NWDI? ALL THE CHANGES ARE THERE ON MY SYSTEM BUT ARE NOT PRESENT IN ANY ACTIVITY SINCE BOTH THE ACTIVITIES ARE ALREAYD CHECKED-IN. CAN WE DEPLOY ALL THE CHANGES USING SOME METHOD?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

try this,

switch to DTR perspective,

right click on the DC, select 'move into activity'

give a new activity name,

check in the activity.

OR

expand the DC, right click on the _Comp folder, choose add-->subtree

give a new activity name,

check in the activity.

Regards,

Satya.

Edited by: Satya on Dec 2, 2010 11:28 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satya, I´ve the same problem here, the last admin never sync this properly, I already view the repository browser, and in the inactive node->DC the add tree option is disabled, I tried with the inactive root node and then "create activity", it works, but I don´t know if this will give me the same result you post.

thunder_feng
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

There is something that is I could not understand:

1. normal NWDI system upgarde should not cause any data loss....

- but anyway the open activity disappeared from DTR, let us ignore this for the time being.

2. as you mentioned, for example if changed a Java class like LeaveApply.java, and this change was included in Activity1.1.

Later after the NWDI basis upgarde, you "carried on making more changes and these were included in a new activity",

here did you mean the change to the same class or some other class in the DC(s)?

If it was meaning some other DCs, then that is to say, the "old" changes in Activity1.1 was not included in Activity2.

Hence if this is the case, of course other developers can not see the change.

3. as far as I understand, the "sync DC" only do a sync from NWDI, so if the changes were not in the NWDI, no matter how

you synchonize, it will not work. that is to say, "sync" does not "push" the change in NWDS to NWDI, the only way to

put your change from NWDS to NWDI is via "DRT check-in".

Hence as far as I can see, current, if might be unavoidable to do a copy and paste, then include all the changes in a new

activity, and check-in/active this activity.

Thanks and best regards

Thunder

Edited by: Thunder Feng on Dec 1, 2010 7:07 AM

pramod_gopisetty1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When trying to create a project are you Syncing the sources.

If not follow this:

In DC Perspective - import the remote track - now expand the track and go to the Development Component and before creating the project from the context menu click on Sync Sources and in the popup select all and once done create a Project.

Hope this helps.

Cheers-

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Creating the project automatically syns up the sources. Correct me if I am wrong.