cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netweaver installation on External HDD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please let me know can I install SAP on my external Hard drive. If I install Oracle s/w (Oracle home) and SAP on my internal HDD but if I keep all my sapdata files in external HDD then my SAP will work or not?

Thanks,

Sudip

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

why you want to do this?

SAP doesn't know that you are intalling on internal or extenal disk. Make sure when you attach the external disk and drive letter, you always use the same drive letter in future. Then it should work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I wanted to do this because I have very low hard disk space in my laptop.

So I am thinking to purchase a external hard disk and install SAP in it.

Thnaks,

Sudip

Former Member
0 Kudos

No problem, works like a charm... As long as you keep the drive letter the same after connection your ext. HD, there is no problem.

Kind regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

How about Using an external hard drive just for you DB purposes e.g. volumes and logs.

Works like a charm

Former Member
0 Kudos

How about Using an external hard drive just for you DB purposes e.g. volumes and logs.

Works like a charm

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnaks for writing to my thread

mathanponnucham
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Dear Sudip,

SAP has provided a better alternative, you can use SAP NetWeaver 7.0 - Java and ABAP Trial Version on Linux - VMware Edition.Please use the below links for the same.

VMWare Image: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/50f623ab-c08b-2a10-5e9d-d5f390a7d...

How to install document: /people/gregor.wolf3/blog/2008/03/31/sap-netweaver-70--java-and-abap-trial-version-on-linux--vmware-edition--tips-tricks

Regards,

Mat.