cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with flb2 transaction partially applied status is not triggered

Former Member
0 Kudos

hI

We have problem in importing the lock box file in bai2 format the partial applied or partial payment is not occurring if the check amount does not match the total amount for all invoices listed in the batch it goes to on account posting it is not clearing the invoices within the check amount

can anyone suggest a solution please

generally in

BAI2u2019 format transmissions:

split the check total into separate invoice references and associated payment amounts. Thus, within a large batch, BAI2 format files will allow a u201D " status in which some identifiable payments within the check total will be matched and cleared, others will land on account. but this process is not occurring

we have set the flag partial payment flag in cotrol parameters for autocash for the bai2 format

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you let me know the resultion to the issue. I have the same issue with EDI Lockbox processing via FLBP. I cannot understand why the checks are not applied with residual items posting for the payment differences. But certainly this is not a question related to write off tolerances.

marcelo_trein
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Venkatesh.

I am not sure what your error message is, but I set up a test in an internal environment and these are my findings:

I am basing myself on the error indicated in the posting log:

For a given test customer, check 000000001 for the customer had the following error message:

(00 344) No batch input data for screen SAPMF05A 0700'. The check was posted 'On Account'.

In this case, the system is expecting some data for screen 700 in program SAPMF05A, which was not provided. Usually, it's based on the field status (which is based on your particular business requirement(s)) so this would be the first thing you would have to check. (i.e. I would check the field status of Posting Keys 06 & 16 in OB41 by the following path: Field Status > General Data > Text. If the 'Text' is a 'required' entry, I would set it to 'optional'. In RTD(120) it is set as required, so I would set it to optional then this error should not occur.

I executed FLB1 and I got the following error:

"Balancing field "Profit Center" in line item 001 not filled" Message no. GLT2201

Since I have defined the profit center as a mandatory splitting criteria in my customizing, I would have to make sure that every line in every FI document gets a valid profit center in my splitting rules.

I would suggest you to review SAP notes 1085921 and 871277 as they contain a lot of information which could be useful.

I hope this helps.

M Trein

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tren

Your solution dint resolve the issue i am getting the following error message accounts receivable posting error ( F5 263).

The difference is too large for clearing

status is Posted on account

Thanks and Regards

marcelo_trein
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Ambigavenkatesh.

I checked the causes of the issue and this error usually happens due to to the customizing of OBA3 and OBA4. However, if the posting is being done correctly, this could be an error.

Please, check if permited payment differences are allowed in transaction OBA4 and OBA3. In this case, you should define an account for payment difference in the following IMG path:

• Financial Accounting -> Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable -> Business Transactions -> Outgoing Payments -> Outgoing Payments Global Settings -> Define Accounts for Overpayments/Underpayments

When the items are posted on account , the most common reason is that are no matching documents found. But, when you re-run the process, the items are posted correctly, so the documents are found.

You may also want to have a look at note 835252. It has solved this kind of problem before.

I hope this helps.

M Trein

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tren

The actual problem in Lockbox processing : No residual item produced if payment difference outside tolerance limit

do you have any solution for this issue

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Was this ever resolved? I am currently having the same issue.

marcelo_trein
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, sorry for the late reply.

Error message F5 263 (Difference too large for clearing) appears because no appropriate open items could be found.

I have listed below common causes for F5 263.You may want to keep them handy in case the problem comes up at a later date.

Common causes for F5 263:

1) Range "from [ ] to [ ]" in BELNR may not be complete;

2) Date of statement is earlier than check date (must be later);

3) Balances: Check that the opening balance plus the debits minus the credits MUST equal the closing balance;

4) The coding is such that there must be an EXACT match of check number between the data on the bank statement file and the entry in the check register. (leading zeroes, etc.).

It could be that coding was tightened up to prevent WRBTR search for check-register based items if the check number is not found (i.e. you cannot assume a WRBTR search might look for a check on the clearing account if bad data is presented in the bank statement).

That is a different functionally than a BELNR/standard search, potentially performing an great amount of searching if BELNR is bad.

You have many choices besides check-register - BELNR, XBLNR, KIDNO, ZUONR, etc, as well as additional coding support in the user-exit.

Check if tolerances are maintained for the G/L account. The IMG path is the following:

Financial Accounting -> General Ledger Accounting

-> Business Transactions -> Open Item Clearing -> Clearing Differences

-> Define Tolerance Groups for G/L Accounts.

This tolerance group must be entered in the master data of the G/L

account.

Be aware that the difference amount will NOT be posted on account, but

posted to a customized difference account.

Please check if permited payment differences are allowed in transaction

OBA4 and OBA3. If this is the case, please define an account for

payment difference. This can be done through the following IMG path:

Financial Accounting -> Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable

-> Business Transactions -> Outgoing Payments

-> Outgoing Payments Global Settings

-> Define Accounts for Overpayments/Underpayments