cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while reading PO message when creating confirmation for PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are on SRM 5.0 SP 13. Extended Classic.

While creating confirmation for PO in the system,whenI click on the CREATE CONFIRMATION icon,I get the following error:

Error while reading PO in backend system.Inform System admin.

when I goto change the PO,I get the foll errors:

System of purchasing organization O 00000152 and purchasing group O 00000126 differ

Organization O 00000126 is not a purchasing group; Inform system administration

Organizational unit O 00000181 is not permitted as purchasing organization

Purchasing group O 00000126 is not assigned to purchasing organization O 00000152

On further analysis,I found that the issue is mainly because f the Porg /Grp assigned in the PO doesnt exist now in the org structure in PPOMA_BBP.

Can I change the Porg/grp now in the PO ?If so,how do i do that ?when i go to the dropdown for the Porg/grp it doesnt show me all of the current Porg/Grps maintained in the Org structure?How does the system determine which P org /grp to show in the value help for these fields under BASIC DATA tab in POu?

Please advise how I can get rid of this error.

Thanks!

Edited by: Rads1234 on Nov 29, 2010 7:40 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We are on SRM 7 and we are currently facing the same issue.

In our case, when a PGroups is deleted and unassigned, an interfase from HR is raised and i the SRM PPOMA the Pgroup is not valid anymore and unassigned from the Purchasing Organization.

Once this happens, we face a blocking issue for all the documents created with Purchasing Groups that has been deleted.

These documents cannot be processed anymore and and error saying that Purchasing group is not assigned to purchasing organization... is raised.

Currently we are manually mantaining the validity of the Purchasing Group via PPOMA and transaction PP01. We put the validity to unlimited and the documents can be processed again.

Anyway we would like to avoid this manual update and to have a false information in te system where the PGroup will be shown as valid while it has been deleted in the past.

Could you please advise on the best solution on it?

Many Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Valentino