cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

/SAPAPO/MAT1 Extra Tab Material Group Field not updated

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my SCM System in /SAPAPO/MAT1, we have Extra Tab with Extra Attributes "Material Group" Description. Now when in ECC material group is changed the material group changes in APO via CIF Run in Properties tab but the description maintained in Extra Tab is not updated.

What settings are required?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nilesh

As Visu has mentioned the material group that you see in extras tab is a freely defined attribute that was defined by someone in your company. If you want to populate that field with value of material group or some other value then you have to add custom logic in your material CIF user exit.

To understand better , look at the field name for material group in properties tab and extras tab (F1 on field techical info ) . The fieldnames will be different - MATKL and AT * . To populate any field in extras tab you have to add custom logic in CIF user exit or you can do a manual update directly or use some mass maintenance program in APO to populate the field

Thanks

Aparna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Aparna,

Field AT103 is created in table /SAPAPO/MATLOC in SPRO Settings. The Field represent the Description of Material Group. I want to know only "Material Group" is maintained in Text while defining in SPRO settings, on what basis it populates the Material Group Description in Extra Tab?

So when my R/3 Material Group Changes then CIF changes the Material Group in Property view but not this AT103 field Material Group Description. As explained I have to do some alternative to get this filed populated. Can you please explain the simplest method?

Edited by: Nilesh Panchal on Nov 30, 2010 8:21 AM

Edited by: Nilesh Panchal on Nov 30, 2010 9:38 AM

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nilesh

"I want to know only "Material Group" is maintained in Text while defining in SPRO settings, on what basis it populates the Material Group Description in Extra Tab? "

Actually i did not understand clearly what the statement above means .

When the material group in R/3 changes and when material cIF is executed the material group in properties tab will change . that is a standard SAP functionality. This is true for many fields say for example safety stock , reorder point etc.

The field you create in the extras tab will not get mapped by default to any of your R/3 fields. So in your scenario if you want to populate the extra material group field with "material group" from R/3 then you have to add custom logic in CIF user exit with the help of your ABAP team to map material group in R/3 to extra's tab material group in APO

Thanks

Aparna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aparna,

The Extra field created AT103 shows Description of the Material Group. I want to know where it is mapped in APO so that it shows Description while first CIF. When I change the Material Group in R/3 then it updates Material Group in Properties Tab but not the Description in this Extra field.

Hope its clear.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nilesh,

It is not a setting. The functionality whereby this field is being populated with Material Group description is created totally by your company. It is not sap standard. SAP SCM out of the box does not populate this field.

Your company has created custom programming (userexit is normally used, but other methods are possible) to populate that field. You need to approach your ABAP team and ask them why the field is populated during 'initial' but not during 'change'.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

The material group in extras tab must have been customized by your team. /SAPAPO/SDP_MASTER is the BADI for defining free attributes. please chat the above BADI in your system for more details.