cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pooling JCO Connections while using SSO

Former Member
0 Kudos

It appears that it is impossible to pool connections while using an SSO connection. When we pool JCO connections without SSO, we notice that our JCO connections are happening instantaneously. When we connect using SSO without pooled connections each connection takes 1/2 a second. We have small manageable BLS' that allow us to call other BLS' when we need to, but each BLS requires a connection. I know that the simple answer to this question is simply create a start session and then place the multiple JCO functions in one BLS. The problem is we would have a huge maintenance issue once we ran into issues with certain parts of the process. What I am asking is can we actually pool connections for SSO so we can keep the current design of multiple BLS' to reduce our maintenance potential?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would have to look into this a little further, but what you are trying to do is generally not possible using any type of a connection pool, to ERP or to a database.

A typical pool creates a connection and holds the connection for a period (usually a defined number of uses). By default, the connection must be created under a user account, and the connection keeps that account relationship until it is recycled.

Another option is to use pooling, and put the actual user name into a log or into a field in a table that you do not use (or maybe even a custom field). Not ideal, but you get the picture.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you please clarify what you are talking about in regards to logging the username to a table or a log? We are using SSO and we are not following your suggestion.