cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deliverable package determination? UoM determination?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to know if SAP supports the following process:

Lets say we have a material of fluid (e.g. water), whose base unit of measure is Liter.

Lets also say that we have an STO to transfer 100 liter of water from one plant to another.

In the supplying plant, there are 500 bottles of 2 liter each, and 4 bottles of 20 liters each.

We would like the system to suggest in this case to deliver 4 bottles of 20 liter, and 10 extra bottles of 2 liter in order to supply the full quantity.

Is this a process that can be implemented in SAP standard? how?

How should the bottles in the supplying plant be represented?

Can the same material be in stock in different units of measure? or each "bottle type" should be a different material?

Thanks in advance,

Doron Oded

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Doron Oded,

First thing, I would like to ask,

How the conversion factor maintained between bottle to liters. As peryour therad base UoM is Litres - what is the sales UoM- ist Litres or Bottles?

if bottles , what is the conversion factor such as ( 1 Bottle = 2 or 20 litres)

if there are different variants interms of UoM into Bottles then you have to have different line items such as

SB= Small bottle = 2 Litres

BB= Big bottle -= 20 litres

Then in sales order:-

Line item

10 - M1 - 10 SB ( 10 * 2 = 20 LT)

20 - M1 - 4 BB .( 4 * 20 - 80 LT)

This is the way you can achieve in std SAP.

Note: Either you can go with the same material code with diff UoM's or different material codes with single UoM- depends on your requirement - whichever suits to your business. Generally this requirement will come from Bottling comp's

Regards,

ReazuddinMD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The implementation manner is our to decide..

If we implement it as same material with different UoM, how can we view our stock? how can we know that we 100 bottles of 2 litters and 4 bottles of 20 liters?

And if the customer order 100 liter of water, how can the system automatically suggest how many and which bottles to deliver?

Thanks,

Doron

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

System doesnt know how to divide, it has to be done manually.

Regards,

ReazuddinMD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't know if it will work, but I thought about using batch specific unit of measure along with batch determination in order to solve this issue..

What do you think?

Will it work? Can it be done?

Regards,

Doron.

Answers (0)