cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about FireFighter 2.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone have experience with FF 2.0?

Our company recently acquired another company that was still using this version of FF. My experience with FF only goes back to 4.0. I can't find any documentation on it and SAP doesn't support this older version either. We will probably eventually upgrade this system, but in the meantime I left trying to support it.

Question for today concerns what email capabilities 2.0 has. We've changed the configuration on some of the Controllers to the Email option, but all it appears to send out is the Login Notifiation. It doesn't seem to send out the FF activity logs like the newer versions, and it also doesn't seem to have any other configuration options.

Need someone who can either verify that this is correct for 2.0 (it only sends the Login Notification) or who can tell me how to configure it to send the logs also.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Bob,

i had worked on it ...

well email should work same way as in 4.0

check

- background job running hourly

- email id of controller maintained in SU01

- is there spool data for zvfatbak job, check in sm37

in the code of ZVFATBAK check subroutine 'send_mail' or something similar...starting with 'send....

copy paste the code here..

regards,

Surpreet

0 Kudos

Bob,

I went through my personal archive and found my documentation on VFAT 2.0. I can email that to you if you think that will help. Check my business card for contact information