Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while registration of SAPCCM4X in solman live system

former_member554823
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Please help.

I want to CCMS configuration in SOLMAN system(cenntarl monitoring system)

I have done almost all prerequistes well

but while registration of SAPCCMS4X i m getting below error in SOLMAN prod system

ERROR: cannot open config file /usr/sap/<SID>/<>/log/sapccm4x/csmconf.

ERROR: CCMS agent is not registered at central CCMS system.

ERROR: Please start

ERROR: sapccm4x -R [-f <config file>] [pf=<complete path of agent profile file> ]

EXITING with code 1

What action need to be taken here.

Though for this i alraedy generated CSMCONF file which kept automatical at predefined path.

And then checked RFC for CSMREG user /pass & client.

Then i tried to register CCMS agent in Centarl system

I have below more doubt

after giving command

sapccm4x -R [-f <config file>] pf=<complete path of SAP-profile of managed instance>

its asking other detail

like system id : given

client []:

Here what client we need to give ?

It will same at which i want to monitor alert via rz20 or it will be by default 000( during registration ) it showing 000 by default

in filed client[000]: ?

This client should be same what we dfined in RFC / with user CSMREG/Pass ?

Please advice me what client we need to choose for SAPCCM4X registration in SOLMAN live

(000, 001 or at which i want to use tcode rz20)

Whats the use of CSMCNF file ?

we need to copy this file manualy at in required directory or during generation of file it will copied automatically?

Please help me to proceed further.

Regards,

Vyash

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vyash

You can check the following presentation for more details on the monitoring setup:

[http://csc-studentweb.lr.edu/swp/Berg/Conferences/SAP_NW2008_and_Admin_2008/ADMIN/Track4/Track4_session2.pdf]

Kind regards

Tom

former_member554823
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Tom,

Thanx a lot for help

but when i tried to register SAPCCM4X in central monitoring system i m getting below error

via unix with command

sapccm4x -R pf=/sapmnt/<SID>/profile/<>

After entering the RFC logon info for the user, the password

will be stored here on this machine in a Secure Storage.

client [000] :

user [CSMREG] : CSMREG

language [EN] : EN

hostname of <SID> message server [] :<servernsame>

use Load Balancing [n]/y ? :

hostname of application server [] :

system number (00 - 98) :

[optional] route string :

trace level [0] :

please enter password for []: <password>

Try to connect ...

INFO: [] connected to , host <name> System Nr., traceflag [ ]

INFO:

INFO: RFC logon info for [] can be updated at any time with -R option:

sapccm4x -R <params>

INFO: Updated saprfc.ini in agent work directory /usr/sap/<SID>/D*/log/sapccm4x

ERROR: Monitoring segment belongs to central system <SID>

CCMS Agent SAPCCM4X may only be run for remote segments

that do not belong to central system<SID>

Therefore exiting....

Please help to resoulve this issue

as after registration RFC user always getting lock in 000 client dont know y?

Though i want to monitor alert on prod system client <> so do we need to register that client and need to create user/RFC in that client only or 000?

Please advice!!

Thanks&Regards,

Vyash

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

what is the use of csmconf file?

During the registration of CCMS agents, we need the data about the central monitoring system and the users used for communication between the agent and the central monitoring system. these are the details shared to the satelite system, when you are registering CCMS agents in the satelite system and making solman as the central system.

therefore you need to register SAPCCM4X with the central system i.e. solman. CSMCONF file needs to be download from solman and it's credentials will be used in registration(for creating csmconf file in solman->rz21->Technical Infrastructure->Configure Central System->Create CSMCONF Start File for Agents)

Before starting to register the ccms agents from the stellaite systems to the central system (SolMan) you need to create a communication user CSMREG using the tcode RZ21 (technical infrastructure >>>>>> Configure central system >>>>> create CSMREG user.

while register it asks for confirmation of the CSMCONF file...you can say yes and prceed.

as per the error you pasted, you missed some steps, pls look at this for the step by step for sapms4x register

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/94/1ff74049b28566e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/94/1ff74049b28566e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm]

Thanks,

Jansi

former_member554823
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

I analyzed the issue and found agent is not getting register in SOLMAN -Live( CENT)

RFC users CSMREG password is incorrect

tomany failed attemps .

Though i tried to reset the password in RFC and via su01 then trid to register again facing same problem because of passowrd.

In userlock history we could see:

user is getting lock just after 5 mins of unlock time by user CSMREG itself.

in SM21 we could see system log

-

User $$$$$$$$$$$$ locked due to incorrect logon

Several attempts were made to log on to the system as the user (default 12), wihout giving the correct password. Presumably someone is trying to get unauthorized access to the system. Change the user password immediately or even delete the user and recreate it under another name, if the user in question is important for security.

-

and beacuse of thei CCMSAGENT is in stopped state in CEN .

Please advice how can i remove this issue and proceed CCMS agent(SAPCCM4X) registration in SOLMAN Live system

Thanks&Regards,

Vyash

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

the csmreg password should be same as in the csmconf file.

better now you stop the sapccm4x. and deregister it.. change the csmconf file password.. and register it again.

hope this resolves.

thanks,

jansi

former_member554823
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please clarify which is not mentioned in guide

I want to monitor all systems via SOLMAN CEN Live system so before starting SAPCCM4X agent in satelite system or in CEN system.

What action need to do?

Do we need to create CSMCONF file from CEN 000 client or actuall client over which we want to monitor other systems?

Then do we need to copy this file on satellite systems location /usr/sap/SID/DVE*/log/sapccm4x/

Am i right?

And same we need to create CSMCNF file from satellite system actual client and copy this file in CEN system location

/usr/sap/SID/DVE*/log/sapccm4x/ ?

Then we need to start the agent.

I did same and now everything seems to be fine

As i created RFCs as below

a) 2 RFCs in SOLMAN -Live CEN system

one for datacollect hostname with satellite host and RFC user is CSMREG user & other for data_analyze RFC user is root user hostname with satellite host.

b) And 1 RFC in satelite system with hostname SOLMAN -Live CEN host ,RFC user is CSMREG

then we satrted ccmsagent in satellite and CEN.

Now CCMSagent is running fine in both system satellite & SOLMAN-Live CEN system

But the problem is still CSMREG user is getting locked just aftet 5 Min of unlock in SOLMAN -Live CEN in both client actul and 000.

While in satellite system user CSMREG is fine.

Please help to analyze why this user is getting lock frequently just after 5min of unlock in CEN.

Is there any imapct of this CSMREG user if we keeping lock not going to unlock in CEN system?

Thanks&regards,

Vyash

former_member554823
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Now i want to configure central system

Purpose want to monitor SOLMAN -Dev(remote system) with client n00 via SOLMAN Live (CEN) system

While configuring via RZ21-> create remote monitoring entry , i could see it always show 000 client of monitored system and 000 client of CEN system .

Though i want to monitor n00 client of SOLMAN -dev via CEN system there is no chance to change the client in path

rz21-> configure central system-> add remote monitoring entry

Please advice can we change here the client no of monitored system or need to register as 000 only ?

Regards,

Vyash

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Recommendations state you perform actions in client 000 for monitoring through central monitoring in SAP Solution Manager.

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/9d/df1241c738f423e10000000a155106/content.htm]

Kind regards

Tom

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

By default, the client and the name of the CSMREG user in the monitored sys specified, check there should be the change button you can change this values

pls chk Page 18th in the guide [CEN monitoring|https://websmp102.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SCENARIO=01100035870000000202&_SHORTKEY=01100035870000659947&_OBJECT=011000358700001444802008E]

Jansi

former_member554823
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Please advice Regarding below issue.

User CSMREG user is always getting lock frequently within 5 min in SOLMAN -Live system even though i followed SAP standerd process during password set which is defined fpr SAP-BASIS release 700 that user -Password should always be in CAPS and it should not be more than 8 charectors. i unlocked the user many times and reset the password still user is geting lock just after 5 mins of unlock.

While in SOLMAN -DEV its fine .

Though this user type is communication and used only in RFCs between central system and monitored system.

I am using SOLMAN -Live which is 701 Release and sp-level 1.

Please suggest what to do.

Regards,

Vyash Mishra

former_member554823
Participant
0 Kudos

Issue has been fixed after follwoing SAP Note 1453112 - CCMS agent and kernel: patches 2010