Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues after converting auth. field to Org. field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I've converted the auth. field PERSA (Personnel Area) to an Org. level field using PFCG_ORGFIELD_CREATE for supporting master derived role concept treating _PERSA as an organizational field_.

After the execution of this program, when I go into the table USORG I can see the field PERSA as an organizational value field. But, when I go inside the existing roles I do not see this field appearing on the "Define Organizational Field" button.Instead, all the existing values for the field within the role has been replaced with value $PERSA and it is still allowing me to maintain the field value locally without the window "Define Organizational Field" popping up.I'm on ECC 6.0 with

SAP_ABA 701

SAP_BASIS 701

PI_BASIS 701

Moreover, as defined in the SAP Note 323817 i.e " The values of the authorization field to be changed to an organizational level field are not removed, and entered into the organizational level data. " did not happen.

Could someone shed some light on this issue and how to resolve it.

Thanks,

Saby..

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saby,

Did you try recreating the profile?? There might be an issue, since the PERSA is already maintained. Try to re-create the profile again using the extended maintenance option. This should solve the issue.

Best Regards,

Raghu

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To run the reports PFCG_ORGFIELD_CREATE, PFCG_ORGFIELD_DELETE, PFCG_ORGFIELD_UPGRADE you should have the following authorizations in your user id:

S_DEVELOP

Field Value

DEVCLASS any

OBJTYPE SUSK (customer systems) or SUST (SAP internal)

OBJNAME *

P_GROUP any

ACTVT 02

S_USER_AGR

Field Value

ACT_GROUP *

ACTVT 02

S_USER_VAL

Field Value

Object $ORGVALUE$

AUTH_FIELD [field name]

AUTH_VALUE *

Now, you can create Organizational level fields before you start setting up your system i.e. a freshly installed system without using those fields in existing roles. But, if you create organizational level fields later, the authorization data for roles may have to be postprocessed.

Postprocessing means, you need to either use "Read Old status and Merge with new data" or entirely "Delete and recreate profile". But if you still face the problem then please have a look into the [SAP Note 495282 - PFCG: Check on S_USER_VAL when maintaining organiz|https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=0000495282&nlang=E].

Regards,

Dipanjan

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Also you may want to have look into the report AGR_RESET_ORG_LEVELS. But at the same time please have a look into the [SAP Note 804371 - Authorization checks in the AGR_RESET_ORG_LEVELS report|https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=0000804371&nlang=E].

[SAP Note 314513 - PFCG: Maintaining individual organizational levels |https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=0000314513&nlang=E]describes the reason of such maintenance problem for Org. Levels where we can utilize this report to reset the fields.

Regards,

Dipanjan