cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM PI Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are planning to use MDM PI adapter instead of FTP for ECC-XI-MDM scenario for Data synchronization. I need to know how can we use MDMGX transaction in this case as we dont have FTP. Do we still continue to use MDMGX? if so where does the FTP point to?

Any helpful materials or pointers are appriciated.

Thanks,

Pradeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Don,

Thanks for your inputs. But my question is, how do we start pushing the data by using MDMGX transaction. After this PI adapter, we dont specify any FTP as such. So where to point the folder to in MDMGX?

Thanks,

Pradeep

former_member206388
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep.

As far as I know you can use the MDMGX report to transfer the lookup tables to MDM and this procedure is carried out usien FTP mode.

The FTP path which needs to be mentioned is the location of the distribution folder of the MDM Server with repository information.

If your mdm server is located at C:\Program Files\SAP MDM 7.1\MDS02\mdm\Distributions\PCQ00221_MSSQL\MDM_ABC

Where MDM_ABC is the repository name and MDS02 is the MDM Server Name..

Usually the FTP directory is set from the repository name, so in that case

FTP:
MDM_ABC should be mentioned

In case if the FTP folder is set from the server name, then you can mention like the below

FTP:
MDS02\mdm\Distributions\PCQ00221_MSSQL\MDM_ABC

If you want to transfer the maintable records then you can go ahead by using ECC-PI-MDM

Hope it helps.

Regards

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

If you reference to [MDM PI Adapter Guide |http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmdm71/helpdata/en/48/956cd09521062de10000000a42189d/frameset.htm], you will find that ECC communicates to PI with ALE/iDoc. The MDM PI Adapter delivers data to and pulls data from MDM by using the MDM Java API port functions. Since we have not upgrade our PI, we are unable to implement MDM PI Adapter yet.

Regards,

Donald