cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning Task to a Group of people not to just one person through staffing

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a requirement of assigning a task to a group (team) rather than assiging to just one person.

In cprojects according to the standard we create the BP for a person, then assign the task in cprojects using this BP number. This would be done if we have the role as EMPLOYEE.

If we want the task to be assigned to a group (team) so that the task can be picked by any person in that team ,is there any configration in the BP number or is there any thing we need to do in cprojects?

As soon as the task gets released we need the tasks to be appearing in all the tasks dashboards of all the people. As soon as the task is completed we want the task to go away from all the dashboards. That means there should be a connection bewteen the team and the individuals on the team.

Should we be creating a BP number for the team and then assign the individual BP numbers of the people to this Team BP?

Please help me out in this.

Please let me know if you need more information on the same.

I knwo this can be done by manually staffing all the people to the role in cprojects, but this is a very cumbersome process.

thanks

DPK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I dont think there is any std way of creating a Team and working it out the way your client wants.

Also, in Std cProjects, for 4 and 4.5, the task remains active even if the End date of Task is Over, meaning if the end date of Task / assignment of resource is say 20 Nov 2010 and toady is 30 Nov 2010, the task will still appear in his/her worklist.

last implementation we created a separate UI to full fill this.

My suggestion would be create BP which are a Team with Employee, maintain a Z Table where the BP is linked to other BPs w/o Employee role (of course not linked to HR) and then based on that mapping create a custom UI to fulfill the requirement.

Seems easy but it will eat lot of your time during Testing and working on getting it perfect.

Niranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niranjan ,

Thank you for the answer this might help me out.

I will ask my developer to help me out in the same.

Can you please let me know why we need the seperate UI to be developed?

1) When we link the BP which represents the Team, what Role iN BP transaction should i assign it to? Should this BP be a person BP or a Organization BP or a Group BP?

2) once i have Ztable in which i map the entries, all we need to do is to write a piece of code that when ever the task with the Team BP is released, check for this table and pick up all the other EMPLOYEE role based BP and connect them so that the tasks appear in all these task dashboards. Right?

Thanks for the help.

thanks

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why not staffing all the team to a role, and then setting the responsible / performer for the role without specifying one person? All the group should get the task...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neil,

Do you mean staffing all the team members to the same role in the responsible tab of crpojects? If thats what you are saying then we dont want that.

If you are sayign to assign a BP to a team and staff this BP to the role, then what role in BP transaction does this "team" be assigned to? where do we maintain the members of this team as the list ?

Niranjan has suggusted that we have a table where the mapping is done.

thanks

Neil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What I meant is staff all the team members in the same role, and the assign the role to the task that the team is responsible for.

The behaviour should be as described in your first mail, but if you have further requirements it may not fit