cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIN - TCS configuration in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

We are facing problem in creating the withholding tax for TCS. As per Income tax TCS Basic is 1% for scrap sales, Education Cess (ECS) on TCS is 2% and Higher Education Cess (SEC) is 1% on TCS.

I have created 3 withholding tax codes(T1 for TCS base, T2 for ECS and T3 for SEC). My SD consultant have maintained the condition type for all three (JTCS, JTEC & JTSE) as statistical and J1IW for FI posting. I have maintained the GL accounts for Transaction type OFF and WIT for each tax codes. in VK11 we have maintained the material on which the TCS to be calculated and the rate 0f 1%. We have also maintianed for ECS and SEC @2% & 1%.

The issue we are facing is when we are creating the sales order, in the sales order condtion type the total taxable (TCS, ECS and SEC) is calculating perfectly. While processing the Invoice the accounting entry is happeing only for TCS and not for ECS and SEC. I am also not finding any entries for Challan update.

Can any one help me what are all configuration set up i am missing. I am working 1st time with CIN. Don't have much idea what are all step to be followed. I am very greateful for your inputs.

Regards,

Devendran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also go through note 1291522

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

Thank you for your comments. I have checked the Thread which you have mentioned and the sap Note you have given. Mine issue is in the sales order condition TCS value is displaying as i required. But in the accounting document of the Invoice only the TCS entry has poeted to TCS payable account and not the ECS and SEC (Education CESS and Higher Education CESS) eventhough i have created seperate withholding tax code for these. I don't have idea where i am missing the settings. I am very thankful for your comments for posting into two forums. I have posted in FI then realized it is SD related. That is why i have repasted there and sorry for that.

Regards,

Devendran

murugesan_r
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to check account determination configuraiton for WHT.

Go to the menu: Financial Accounting > Financial Accounting Global Settings > Withholding Tax > Extended Withholding Tax > Postings > Define Accounts for Withholding Tax to be Paid Over

You should have specified GL a/cs for each of the three tax codes you have created.

If you had selected posting indicator, then you may also need to specify Offsetting account. For this in the same section, go to menu Define Accounts for Withholding Tax Offsetting Entry.

Note that you need to specify GL accounts separately per tax code.

Hope this solves.

Muru

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check this thread

[Re: Sale of Scrap - TCS as per Sec 206C issue in SAP|;

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi