cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error connecting to B1DI: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I'm trying to get my 8.8 dashboards working on my laptop but I'm getting a slightly different error to any of the forum threads I've read up to now.

In my Integration Solution for SAP Business One > Landscape > B1i Server > MyServerName

When I press the Test Connection button under the B1DI section I get this error:-

com.sap.b1i.adapter.dia.exception.ConnectionFailedException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Can not find corresponding JCO path.

This is my path to JCO Folder: C:\Program Files\SAP\SAP Business One DI API\JCO\LIB is this right?

My connection to JDBC works without a problem

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Many thanks

Hayden

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Eneveux
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hayden,

Is there anything in the LIB folder for the JCO at the path that you have listed? Do you have multiple installs of the DI API such as the SAP Business One DI API folder and then another folder called simply DIAPI? Have you looked in the Windows > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs to see fi you have multiple installs?

Also, try removing the path for the JCO in the SLD, save, reopen the SLD, re-enter the JCO path and save again. Then run the test.

Eddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eddy

Thanks very much for taking the time to help me.

1) Is there anything in the LIB folder for the JCO at the path that you have listed?: - Yes, the files are

sboapi.jar

sbojc.sda

sbojni.dll

sbowrapper.jar

2) Do you have multiple installs of the DI API such as the SAP Business One DI API folder and then another folder called simply DIAPI? : - Yes, (Incidentally: I have upgraded via the 8.8 wizard from 2007A SP01 PL09 to v8.8 PL13)

I have the following folders

C:\Program Files\SAP\SAP Business One DI API

and

C:\Program Files\SAP\SAP Business One\DIAPI

I'm assuming I should delete the folder: C:\Program Files\SAP\SAP Business One\DIAPI ?

3) My Add/Remove Programs shows the following:-

SAP Business One

SAP Business One 8.8 - Microsoft Outlook Integration

SAP Business One Client

SAP Business One Data Transfer Workshop

SAP Business One Data DI API

SAP Business One integration DIProxy

SAP Business One integration EventSender

SAP Business One integration Server

SAP Business One Screen Painter

SAP Business One Server Tools

SAP Business One Software Development Kit

4) Also, try removing the path for the JCO in the SLD, save, reopen the SLD, re-enter the JCO path and save again. Then run the test.: - tried this but it had no effect

Any advice gratefully received

Cheers

Hayden

Eneveux
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hayden,

Remove any occurrences of the DI API via the Windows Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs. It looks like there is only one instance of this. Then make sure you manually remove the DI API folders. Then reboot and re-install the latest DI API from the latest SAP Business One patch level.

Eddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eddy

Thanks very much for your help, connection has been established and my dashboards are now working.

I uninstalled the DIAPI's as you suggested, what I did find however was that I had to uninstall the B1iServer, DIProxy and EventSender before I could manually remove one of my DI API folders.

I had to re-install the integration component but now I'm delighted to report things are now back on track!

Thanks again

Hayden

Answers (0)