cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In Web Dynpro ABAP, Can we merge two cells of a row in a table ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Web Dynpro ABAP, Can we merge two cells of a row in a table ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bertram.

You are suggesting to merge the contents into one cell.

What I am looking at is the appearance of the table should be like -

suppose a table has 3 columns. in the 1st row, it will display the 3 cells. whereas for the 2nd row, it should display only 2 cells. i.e., cell 1 should be under cell 1 of first row. And cell 2 & 3 should be merged and be displayed as single cell and this should stretch under cell 2 & 3 of first row.

BeGanz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hallo Jagannatha,

the new table feature is available in SAP NetWeaver 7.0 EhP2 (SAP ERP 6.0 EhP5, SAP Business Suite 7i2010) named 'TableMultiEditorCell'. See [SAP Online Help|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp2/helpdata/en/9b/46bb0d339b42cc8d30636ca0c9f5b6/frameset.htm] for more details ...

"This UI element is a table cell variant that enables several UI elements to be placed in one table cell. This type of cell can be used for "one click actions". ...

Regards, Bertram

Former Member
0 Kudos

No. Those steps are for Column Grouping (Merging the table cells vertically).

I found that, there is no option to merge cells of a table horizantally.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

See the help [ TABLE|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/b5/ac884118aa1709e10000000a155106/content.htm]

search for merge.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I could not find any help there. did you ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes i am able to see the help.

Are you not able to go to the help page ? or didn't find what you are looking for ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I Could see the help page. but there is no information on merging the cells of a table row.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

is this not useful for your case ?

Row Grouping

To combine the fields belonging to one column, the value TableColumn.groupingValue must be bound to the dataSource. The consecutive fields that have the same values for groupingValue and selectedCellVariant are merged into one field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No. That is about grouping the Column values (repeated). I would like the option to merge the cells horizantally.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try this-

Step1: In Column Properties, bind groupingValue property to Context-Attribute.

Step 2: Next, select the TextView of the column and link the Text Property to the same Context-Attribute.

Regards,

Ajay