cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C-Folders and C-Projects.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a scenario where in I would like to share all 5 drawing documents with 5 different vendors who also use SAP. Basically they will be making some design changes for the same and will be sending us back with the corrected redlined markups. We will review the same and then will give them final drawings for them to manufacture.

The above scenario, I would like to configure through Collaboration. Is it something I need to do with C-Folders or C-Projects . I appreciate if someone can guide me which transactions I should use for this.

Also if someone can help me understand the scenarios where I should go for c-projects and where I should use C-folders, that will be really helpful.

Thanks in advance,

S.Achar.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Achar,

There are two scenarios in c folders

1.collaborative scenario and

2. Competitive scenario

Collaborative scenario is used when you have to share your data with partners and here you have no separate restrictions to view the different folders created whereas competitive scenario is used to share data with suppliers and you can create restrictions for the folders which you create.

To import documents from c-folders to SAP use the t-code CFI01

To import BOM: CFI02

To export documents from SAP to c- folders : CFE01 and CFE02

Hope this helps you

ulf_petzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

cProjects does not make sense for this scenario, besides maybe managing a related project.

You can either use cFolders with competitive scenario or collaborative scenario as indicated earlier, or leverage the Access Control Management and related PLM web UI functionalities like ad-hoc workflows etc to manage this kind of collaboration directly on top of your ERP/PLM backend system (second option starting with SAP ERP 6.0 EhP 5).

Regards, Ulf.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mr.Achar,

The mentioned scenario can be perfectly mapped in cFolders Competitive scenario.

Basically cProjects is a web based project management tool which can be integrated with HR, FICO, CATS etc.

Regards

Prasad K