cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in Script

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am facing the problem in script form where the field material description, whenever it is having the combination of English & Chinese Charecters it is overwriting the some of the characters of first line into Second line this is the one problem check with the Screen shot 1 which i attatched to this, and another problem is that when ever the chinese charecters description then alignment of the next column is misbehaving as i mentioned in the screen shot 2 and i check the tab position,alignment, String count format all the things are properly mentioned may be i am thinking that this is unicode problem please send solution for this.

Moderator message: please use more descriptive subject lines and more line breaks from now on.

Edited by: Thomas Zloch on Nov 29, 2010 12:38 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

i Think you are looking at th ePrint Preview and not the final Print..in Print Preiview u see all jumbled characters overlapping when u Print 2 different Language characters ..

Print and See if problem still exists , then change the Dimensions of the table or text columns. FOnt size and FOnt Family that u are using ..

and also the Printer settings...

surya

Former Member
0 Kudos

As MKM noted, this is probably resulting from length of data to be displayed. One thing that I have tried in the past is using a smaller, proportionate font for description fields...this will sometimes allow you to get longer descriptions displayed in the available space. The better solution might be to calculate the length of the output text string and truncate it at a particular column count.

former_member1052991
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi arjun,

Can you increase the length of the material description?

Normally for english letters it will take 1 byte but for chinese

or japanese letters will take 2 bytes. I am not sure this might be the problem.

But you can test it by increasing the length of that field.

Thanks,

Guna