cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adaptive Web Service Model - how to?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I would like to know how to use the new adaptive web service model in WD. I created a logical destination ( Visual Admin) but I don't know what to fill in the URL field. I found nothing in the documentation.

The second problem is how to change the URL in the WD directly (NWDS).

It would be great, if someone could help me.

Best Regards

Hendrik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Plz look at the below thread

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hendrik, did you work this out already?

This is what you shall put in the URL if your web service is running on SAP WAS java:

http://yourTargetAppServer:50000/inspection.wsil

Make sure the URL returns a WSIL xml file that describes the final location of your web service WSDL file.

How did I figure this out? Look ate the exception thrown... you will see that the WSIL parser complains about a bad WSIL file...

I got it working.

Regards,

Vitaliano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vitaliano,

thanks for you reply. I have it already running with the same solution as you proposed.

Regards,

Hendrik

former_member4529
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hendrik,

Can you please let me know how you have solved the problem and configured the adaptive web service model? It would be very helpful if you can point me to a help doc where the configuration process is explained step-by-step. I've already seen the only available pdf doc in SDN (Adaptive web service model for Java webdynpro) but couldn't understand much about the configuration steps in the Visual Admin. My doubt is can't I use a WSDL anymore with this model? And where exactly and how shall I configure the logical destinations (WD_WS_METADATA_DEST and WD_WS_EXECUTION_DEST). Any help on these will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Dipankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have configured the logical destination Call_dest for webservice. But when I deploy my application I get the following error:

com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.discovery.TargetNotMappedException: Logical Target sap.com/DynamicWSProxies/Call_dest not mapped to a physical system.

Regards,

Anagha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hendrik,

URL here is <b>endpoint URL</b> -- actual web adress of WebService. Do not confuse it with WSDL address.

In "old" WS model there was _setEndpoint method on WS request object, try it.

VS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Valery,

thanks for your reply!

But i have one further question.

What is a endpoint URL and where can i get this URL?

Regards Hendrik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hendrick,

Endpoint is the name for the entity on one end of a transport layer connection. In this case "endpoint" is an URL pointing to some server script that implements WebService. Default endpoint is stored within WSDL file itself, but you may ask vendor for other ones. If default enpoint is ok for you, then just don't redefine it via _setEndpoint or via destination.

VS