Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting inherited attribute using FM 'BBP_UPDATE_ATTRIBUTES'

former_member184111
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Forum,

I am trying to delete one value for attribute CAT using FM BBP_UPDATE_ATTRIBUTE , this attribute value is Inherited but I am unable to delete it.

I tried this:

1. Set the inherited flag to space using the same FM (in PPOSA_BBP I can see that inherited checkbox is not checked now)

2. Try deleting the attribute using same FM (now the inherited flag is SET in PPOSA_BBP instead of deleting the attribute value)

Is it not possible to delete inherited attribute or set inherited to space in PPOSA_BBP using BBP_UPDATE_ATTRIBUTES FM ?

Another query is in this FM only USER_ID_P and ORGUNIT_ID_P are import parameters, how can we update attributes of a POSITION using the FM?

Thanks,

Anubhav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anubhav

As we discussed earlier, you need to delete at header (top) level then automatically it disappears at child level.

Your aim must delete at top level manually.

Muthu

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Anubhav,

Inheritance between objects cannot be managed by any function module.

Even if it can be done with a function module i don't know, it will be overwritten by your current customizing ( OOATTRCUST transaction) for attribute CAT.

Regarding attributes update for positions, did you try with import parameter IS_OBJECT (OTYPE = 'S' and OBJID = position ID) ?

Regards.

Laurent.