cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EAR file for Adapter Module from NWDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have written code to develop an Adapter Module in NWDS and created two projects (Module_EAR and Module_EJB). The projects do not show any error in NWDS.

Now I have to create a SDA file from the EAR file to be uploaded in the PI server.

I think below are the possible steps:

1. Right-click on Module_EAR project in NWDS and click Export

2. J2EE option -> EAR File -> Select Destination folder in my desktop and say Finish.

Now can anyone please confirm if

a) Step 2 is correct? Or do I have to select some other option?

b) I really have to export the EAR file or some other file?

c) How can I check if the EAR file that is exported in my desktop is correct? It should contain what all files?

I am aware of how to create a SDA file from EAR and hence skipping its description.

Thank you,

Pankaj.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) Right click on EAR Project-> select Export-> select SAP EAR file->and then mention ur destination.

Note: Do rember to delete all SAP specific jar files from the exported EAR file (as those jar files are already available on PI server and we have given references of those in application-j2ee-engine.xml file).

Thanks

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have done till creating the EAR file in my desktop. Can you please confirm what files should this Module_EAR.ear contain?

My Module_EAR file has below contains:

SAP_MANIFEST.MF

MANIFEST.MF

application.xml

application-j2ee-engine.xml

jms-resources.xml

sda-dd.xml

Module_EJB

Is this correct?

Thank you,

Pankaj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just delete the below mentioned files from ur EAR file:

SAP_MANIFEST.MF

MANIFEST.MF

sda-dd.xml

and then convert EAR to SDA.

(any how theses files will be created again while converting EAR to SDA...but dont delete these files from converted SDA file.)

Thanks

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created the EAR file and used the below command to create a SDA file using NWCETOOL:

createsda u2013n CheckMessage u2013v sap.pi.module u2013l CheckMessage u2013c 2 u2013type J2EE C:\ModuleEAR\Module_EAR.ear C:\ModuleSDA\Module_SDA

Module_EAR is name of the EAR file and Module_SDA is the name of the SDA file. The client asked me to rename the SDA file as Module_SDA.sda and then send it over to him for deployment.

Earlier I used the exactly same createsda command-format and then renamed the SDA file with .sda extension.

This used to create a file whose format was shown as SDA

However now I am not able to get the file with type as SDA. The file remains as EAR file only.

I am stuck in this part, please help.

Thank you,

Pankaj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Rename that file(Module_SDA.ear to Module_SDA.sda) manually and change its extension to ".sda".

Thanks

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Rename that file(Module_SDA.ear to Module_SDA.sda) manually and change its extension to ".sda".

I am doing the same thing. Earlier it used to save the file as SDA with above manual change.

But now it is saving the file as Module_SDA.sda.ear and the type is also EAR file (Right-click -> Properties -> Type)

Totally confused

Thank you,

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Created the SDA file as it is and then send it to a colleague. He saved it with extension .sda and it was saved successfully as SDA (Type = SDA). No idea why it did not worked in my system.

Thank you,

Pankaj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Strange!! r u able to see the file extensions at ur system(.sda or .ear)??

When u r executing ur Createsda statement under cmd, what's the name(along with ext) of SDA file u r seeing under C:\ModuleSDA folder??

under Command prompt what the message u r getting after execution(it must be something like this: Building C:\ModuleSDA\Module_SDA.ear with compression)??

Thanks

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When u r executing ur Createsda statement under cmd, what's the name(along with ext) of SDA file u r seeing under 
C:\ModuleSDA folder??

It is Module_SDA.ear and the Type of File is EAR

under Command prompt what the message u r getting after execution(it must be something like this: Building C:\ModuleSDA\Module_SDA.ear with compression)??

Yes the message is similar to the one which you mentioned above.

Thank you,

Pankaj.

Answers (0)