cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VBAK table Update using SQ01, SQ02 and SQ03

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I need to update a field in VABK table in SAP. For this I need to use SAP Query Builder. But I could see only display options there.

Can some one suggest how I could achieve this.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Naveen.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

this is to inform you that if you want to update one single field,

then you can use MASS - to update it.

this is simpler i think.

regars,

balajia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I would rather try tr.action MASS / obj BUS2032

(You can update DB-tables directly with a query by creating an InfoSet with an additional field - insert Your source code into add.field coding, then run the query.

Note:

1. Some ABAP-knowledge is required

2. The tables / fields shown in query must be different from the table / filed You update

3. You must update all tables with same field content otherwise You screwed up - table inconsistencies

- I believe, this is the action You never repeat after You have done it once...)

Br

Edited by: lovagszent on Nov 30, 2010 10:29 AM

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not sure that you could update tables in queries and I can't see what the purpose of it.

Direct update of tables (manually) should be exceptions... What is the requirement behind your question? Why would you like to update table VBAK directly?

Normally you should use the standard transaction (e.g. VA01, VA02) to enter proper data and if necessary to correct it.

If still you want to update table contant directly, manually, you can do it in debug mode or in SE16N / UASE16N with &sap_edit but these should be exceptions(!).