cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disp + work stopping after restore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am setting up disaster recovery for our production server using log shipping. The DR server is the same as the Production server in all respects save for the server name and ip address (though the two are on the same subnet). The secondary sever has got SAP as well.

I have carried out some tests and the log shipping seems to be working fine, however, i now want to test if i can switch over to the Secondary server but Dispatcher is starting and then stopping.

Is there anything that i need to change on the server it self to make sure that SAP connects to the database.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

Thank you all Gurus for trying to help me.I managed to get the solution in SAP note 551915. Initially i was getting an error after running the script but i managed to eliminate the errors and it worked.

Thank you all for your contributions.

Regards

Partson

Former Member
0 Kudos

logon as <SID>adm and the perform below command.

R3trans -d

there will be a trans.log file created please go through. BTW have you started the database in normal mode (not in DR).

ken_halvorsen2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I'm assuming that you have the exact same install done on your DR server. Meaning thatthe same sofware \ versions etc were installed.

But have you checked to ensure that the Profile parameters are the same (understanding that some entries must match the new IP).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please consult the work directory on the backup node and check the dev_disp trace file for further information. It should contain details on why your dispatcher acts like that.

Kind regards,