cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Desk Reporting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I know that a Service Desk Reporting exists in the Service Desk of the Solution Manager 4.0. But when I start that reporting, it does not work and I get the message "Fehlerhafter Aufruf des API's für die Installation".

Is there any configuration to make? Or what do I have to do that this reporting is able to run?

Best regards, Daniela Winter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Just to add a little comment. What you ask for in your posting, Daniela, is called Service Desk Monitoring 

(Monitoring = to monitor the current situation with the goal to enable intermediate reactions if necessary and for daily operation) 

(Reporting = is used for mid and long term controlling management. Is is based on data of the past) 

Have you tried the enhanced possibility to do Solution Manager Reporting in 4.0.? Use Transaction /solar_eval

-> Analysis -> Solution -> Service Desk

Kind regards

Timo Schumacher
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Timo.

It's very strange. In transaction "/solar_eval", as you said, the Service Desk Reporting works. But if I want to do it with transaction "solution_manager" -> "Solution Reporting" -> "Service Desk", where there is the same screen like in "/solar_eval", it does not work. I don't know why.

Do you know if there is any possibility that the report shows me the different status of the messages? I can't find any field where I can say which status I want to see.

Thanks in advance. Daniela

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all.

I found out, that the Service Desk Reporting only works in transaction ""/solar_eval", because the field "solution" there was free.

If I want to run the Service Desk Reporting with transaction "solution_manager" -> "Solution Reporting" -> "Service Desk", then there is the current solution in the field "solution" and therefore the report does not find any values.

Despite all my messages are in this solution, I think.

But I cannot change the field "solution", it is blinded out.

Does anybody know, what can be the reason for it? Why does the report find no messages in my solution?

Best regards, Daniela

former_member186439
Participant
0 Kudos

If you create the notification with transaction NOTIF_CREATE on the Solution Manager system, it allows you assign a Solution to the Service Message it generates. Services messages created this way will show up in the Service Desk Reporting under the SOLUTION_MANAGER transaction.

However, I can find no way to display this field once you open up the Service Message using CRM_DNO_MONITOR. The field also doesn't seem to carry forward into a Change Documents created from the Service Message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Steven.

I created a notification in transaction NOTIF_CREATE and I assigned my solution to this message.

But Service Desk Reporting still do nothing. It finds no data for this solution.

If I do the reporting with transaction SOLAR_EVAL and put no value in the field "solution",

then the report lists all messages

but not the message I created with NOTIF_CREATE.

And if I put my solution in the field "solution",

the report finds no data.

But in transaction CRM_DNO_MONITOR I can see the message

which I created with NOTIF_CREATE.

What can be the reason for this (that I don't see the message

in the reporting)?

Thanks, Daniela

Message was edited by:

Daniela Winter

former_member186439
Participant
0 Kudos

NOTIF_CREATE creates a Notification. Some how, the Notification causes a Support Message to be created. The reports that you are trying to use report on Support Messages. Can you use CRM_DNO_MONITOR to see that the Support Message is getting created? Inside CRM_DNO_MONITOR, you can use the Change Layout button to add the Solution Number to the grid.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

Yes, in CRM_DNO_MONITOR I can see all my messages I have created.

And if I add the Solution Number to the grid, I can see, that only the message I

created with NOTIF_CREATE has a value in this field.

But if I want to report for this solution, the report finds no data.

Daniela

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even i am in the process to setup the service helpdesk solution manager 4.0.

i can create a message from my dev server , it goes fine to solution manager, i can see it in the report crm_dno_monitor.

from here how it goes to SAP, this is the first time i am ever doing this process please give the steps.

thanks.

Sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I went through the report RDSWP_REP_SERV_DESK.

It works fine but actualy this report is a very basic one.

Are there any other reports more detailed that you use?

What do you do in practise in this subject, do you prefer BW reports or do you develop your own reports?

Thanks in advance for your helpfull responds.

Regards,

Gencay

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If that is the case, I think those messages are not created by you.

Do you see "<b>Transaction Monitor</b>" button there. Just click on that, it will be opened in different session.

Uncheck mine and execute then you should be getting.

Last message Solved Problem.

and again this will also solve your problem.

Feel Free to revert back.

--Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ragu.

Most of the messages are created by me, because it is a demo system which I mostly use alone.

And in the Transaction Monitor "mine" was already unchecked.

But the reporting still does not work and does nothing when I click on execute. Do you know what can be the problem?

Or does anybody other know what to do?

Best regards, Daniela

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.

Can anybody help me on this topic?

Best regards, Daniela

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.

Can anybody help me, please?

I need this information as soon as possible.

Best regards, Daniela

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Daniela,

I would recommend, that you create a customer message on component SV-SMG-SUP to get this problem solved.

I am convinced, that my colleagues will be able to fix the mentioned problem.

Best regards

Ruediger Stoecker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Daniela

"But the reporting still does not work and does nothing when I click on execute" ... Doesn't work means ??

It doesn't give you any error or warning or even directs you to any other screen?

What fields have you selected in the report and what are their values?

Have you run the authorization check ? Do you have complete authorizations ?

Regards

Bilal Nazir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bilal.

Sorry, I was on holiday and so my answer is a bit late.

Yes, there is no error, no warning, no other screen, nothing. I put no value in any field, so that the report should show every message that is in the Service Desk.

I think I have the authorization "SAP_ALL".

Can these answers help you?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards, Daniela.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniela

Goto transaction crm_dno_monitor , select "All" option visible in the second box from the top and in the posting date select from 01.01.1900 to 31.12.9999.

if it still doesnt give you anything i would suggest you create an OSS for it or may be you can check on the pre-requisites before proceeding with Service Desk. By that i mean SAP Notes and Release levels of different components in Solution Manager.

I think there is a thread in this same forum which refers to it. See if you can find it, if i find out first i ll let you know.

Regards

Bilal Nazir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bilal.

When I go into transaction "crm_dno_monitor" then I see all created messages which are in the Service Desk. This transaction works.

But when I go into transaction "solution_manager" and there on "Solution Reporting" and then "Service Desk Reporting", that report does not work. There I get no error, no warning, the screen stays the same.

Or is the Transaction Monitor (crm_dno_monitor) the same kind of report?

Best regards, Daniela

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniela,

Can you give me the document type of the message(s).

--Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ragu.

I can't see any field in which there is the document type. Where can I find it?

Best regards, Daniela

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniela

Basically both these reports do the same work. CRM_DNO_MONITOR lets you specify your own criteria and i find it thus much useful.

Why you are not getting your msgs shown in the other report is i think because of the "Transaction Type".

The second item below "Posting Date" in crm_dno_monitor once check with transaction type = "SLF1" and then later run the report again with transaction type = "SLFN". I believe your messages. The filter "Reported by Me" basically shows your messages of type "SLFN". And i think that you have all "SLF1" type messages which is basically the default type in Service Desk.

Regards,

Bilal Nazir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniela,

Please change your Layout settings and try.

Regards,

Prakash.N

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I cannot understand German. But I used google to translate the error.

For the error

Incorrect call of the APIs....

Go to Txn - DSWP

Edit and click Initial Data Transfer for IBase.

This will solve your problem.

Feel free to revert back.

--Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ragu.

Thanks for your helpful answer. Now the reporting works. But when I want to execute such a reporting (click Execute on the selection screen), then nothing happens. What can be the reason for it? Is it possible that it is because of I only run a demo case in the Service Desk and that there a only 4 messages in it?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards, Daniela