cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need some information redarding Web AS Preview edtion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have installed WEB AS preview Edition. I need some information regarding this. I have already worked with SAP Netweaver developer studio 2.1 (Trail version) and web AS 6.4. So now what are the extra features or advantages that i will get with the Preview Installation and NWDS 7.1 is what i have get with that preview.

Regards,

Kiran.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI all,

But NWDS 7.1 does n't have a provision to develop webdynpro projects and no Enterprise connector to connect to SAP R/3. will i need any plugins to be added externally to get these.pls give me the information regarding this and how can i do those projects in my NWDS 7.1.

Regards,

Kiran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

true, the NWDS in this particular preview does not contains any tools for web dynpro, neither the enterprise connector. Furthermore, web dynpro is even not available as runtime as well. Therefore you cannot do web dynpro development with it.

Please, be aware that this preview version was created to support <b>J2EE development</b> with J2EE 1.4 and Java EE 5.0 versions only!

Therefore, if you really need web dynpro, just get back to NW04, or NW04s versions (as I'm not aware of plans to release preview to support WD development model).

Hope that helps!

0 Kudos

Hi Chart,

Can you try to login using telnet console.

You can find it in the context menu on the server in the MMC, or directly "telnet localhost 50008"

Regards Galin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

just to help you try that out faster - here's an excerpt of the docs on how to connect and login with telnet:

1. Run a Telnet client and connect to the target system by specifying the host and the Telnet port. Once a connection is established, the J2EE Engine Telnet Administration Console is opened.

Alternatively, you can open a Telnet client from the SAP MMC:

1.1 Select the J2EE system on which you want to start Telnet.

1.2 Browse to the J2EE Process Table node.

1.3 In the right-hand pane, select the ICM and choose J2EE Telnet from the context menu.

The J2EE Engine Telnet Administration Console is opened.

2. Enter valid login info (user name and password) to authenticate yourself.

If the input information is incorrect, the link is disconnected and the console disappears. You must then complete the above steps again to open a new Telnet console.

If your connection is successful, the console remains open, you are logged on to one of the server processes in the instance, and you can start your administration.

Hope that helps!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your comment. (Galin and Ivanov)

However, the result is the same.

I cannot log in the J2EE Engine Telnet Administration Console.

It looks like the below username and password not-work !!

username : Administrator

password : <master-password>

Can you seggest any username and password?

I am very sure this is a BUG.

I try to new installation (may be 10 th).

It is the same result.

You can try to install and test this edition by yourself.

You will find -- > It cannot deploy any example.

Anyone can deploy any example successfully in this edition, please inform me.

I would like to talk with the SAP software engineers who produce this edition directly.

see the below link (same problem another persons):

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chart,

well, I've tried logging in hundred times and it works when you use the right credentials Are you sure about the password you use?

The username to use is <b>Administrator</b>, the password is the <b>master password</b> that you specified during installation. If you can't remember it, I'd suggest that you uninstall the current server, and reinstall it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ivaylo Ivanov,

I try to login by use:

username : Administrator

password : <master password> (at least 1 number)

I try to login many times but it always fails.

(I am very sure about my password since i also try to reinstall many times - 10th. both J2EE 1.4 and Java EE 5)

Ivaylo Ivanov, do you sure that you test with this new edition. (Not the previous edition)

I see the other persons get the result like me:

***###*****####***#######*************

*##*##**####**##**##***********

**##*****##**##*##**##*********

****##***########*######**********

*****##**##**##*##************

*##*####****####***********

***###**##****####*********

Telnet Administration

SAP J2EE Engine v7.100

User name: Administrator

Password:

The user account is either expired, or not valid yet.

Login failed. Reason: The user account is either expired, or not valid yet.

Connection to host lost.

if my login is not correct, it will tell the other messags.

***###*****####***#######*************

*##*##**####**##**##***********

**##*****##**##*##**##*********

****##***########*######**********

*****##**##**##*##************

*##*####****####***********

***###**##****####*********

Telnet Administration

SAP J2EE Engine v7.100

User name: f

Password:

Cannot authenticate the user.

Login failed. Reason: Cannot authenticate the user.

Message was edited by: Chart Krobtragolchai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the following are the main benefits:

runtime:

- update of the J2EE standards - the preview is J2EE 1.4 compliant and offers a preview of Java EE 5 (mainly EJB3.0)

- delivered with SAP JVM, which offers several features for robustness and usability - Minimized memory footprint of an additional server node. Achieved through the possibility of sharing byte code and using shared class loading. Fast and reliable shared-memory-based persistence for Java object structures (such as sessions); Faster means of handling Java serialization (via shareability concept); On-the-fly debugging and hot code replacement; Shared-memory-based monitoring of system resources (server processes, threads, sessions, and so on)

designtime:

- SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio based on the open-source tools framework <b>Eclipse 3.1</b>.

- The Web Tools Project (WTP 1.0) support for building J2EE-1.4-compliant applications

For more info on additional features, please, have a look at the materials distributed with the Developer Studio installation (accessible from Help -> Welcome page in the Dev Studio).

Hope that helps!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fail to deploy the "Virtual Shop Lite " Sample in

SAP Netweaver J2EE Preview (Release SAP NetWeaver™ 2007).

I select the SAP Server node and choose Publish from the context menu. The SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio switches to the Deploy View Console view.

At this time, the "Logon to SAP J2EE Engine" window appear.

I enter the below user and password.

user : Administrator

password : <master-password>

In the Deploy View Console, the below messages appear:

com.sap.ide.eclipse.deployer.api.AuthenticationException:

[#1]:Session::checkForTicketException:[Base Login Exception], cause=The user account is expired,or not valid yet.[more]

[#1]:DC API is trying to connect to "localhost:50004".

What should I do ?

(I try the 10th time but the result is the same.)