cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to declare a variable available for across all applications??

former_member282968
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

If i declare a global variable in the component controller it will be available during its runtime and its value get expired if i open same webdynpro component application in different log-in.I need to access one variable across all login of users and across many webdynpro applications created.What should i do??

Please advice me.Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186750
Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you considered using Shared Memory Objects for your requirement?

What is the intent of this variable?

former_member282968
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Mr.Gardiner for your reply,

I do not know much about this Shared Memory Objects can you please help me.

My requirement is that my application which is attached to the portal has access to many concurrent users. I have a screen for which there is a edit button, on click of which i need to restrict other users from edit . This is based on portal ID and another unique id for that screen.I thought of lock object but i guess that wouldnt help me b'se i am not writing anything to the database but need to restrict users in controlling the editability of the UI element.In this scenario user can be same user with different application or another user using this application.

So if i save those unique ID's acrros applications, i can validate and throw a message for other users when they try to do edit action when one user is already doing it.

former_member186750
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

OK, I now understand your requirement.

Shared Memory Objects would be the way forward I reckon. There is plenty of documentation out there. Just Google Shared Memory Objects.

Here is a link to the SAP Help [SAP Help|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/c5/85634e53d422409f0975aa9a551297/content.htm]

Good luck.

Cheers,

Neil.

Edited by: Neil Gardiner on Nov 29, 2010 3:23 PM

former_member282968
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you so much , let me give a try by creating an assistance class and check how it works in different scenario's and i will update you my response, Please reply me then.

former_member282968
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks

Answers (0)