cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrating SAP into a Systems Analysis course

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am part of a group putting together a proposal to integrate SAP into our business school courses and join the UA. The faculty do not have any training in SAP, but we are looking to find out as much as we can about possible course modules for our proposal.

I was wondering if anyone had suggestions or Best Practices for integrating into SAP into a Systems Analysis course for MIS students (not Computer science students)? For our proposal we are are looking to develop a timeline for different levels of integration at the first, third and fifth year of our SAP use. What would be the best materials to integrate into a 15 week semester undergrade course where the emphasis is on the system development lifecyle up to, but not including hands-on system design?

From scanning the overviews of library materials, it looks as though the following might be possibilities (although as a guest I don't have access to the full materials):

Using Solution Manager (for the project mgt component of the course)

Business Process Integration Overview

Concepts in ERP using Fitter Snacker

ERP simulation game

Netweaver workflow exercises

Any feedback and tips for a starting point would be appreciated.

Priscilla

Assistant Profesor of MIS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priscilla

I am littel confused about your specific request. If you want to focus on the system devlopment lifecycle and not have hands on then the majority of the amterila you have identified is not suitable. I would suggest looking at the ASAP methodology which the sAP specific methodology. It has a lot of rich content and can be downloaded. My blog includes details about this as well as other useful information.

Hope this helps

Paul Hawking

SAP Academic Progarm Director

Victoria University

SAP Mentor

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Sorry about the quality of my response in terms of typo's and the missing link. The link is

/people/paul.hawking3/blog

In regards to Tony's comments I belive that the ASAP methodology can be used at the introductory level. It will depend on how deep you want to delve into the methodology.

Good luck

Paul Hawking

SAP Academic Program Director

Victoria University

SAP Mentor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Paul,

We are looking for hands-on material or cases that we can integrate into a discussion on system development lifecycle. Could a discusson about SDLC fit in with any of the modules I listed?

Thank for for the info on the ASAP methodology. Could you provide the URL for your blog where that is discussed?

Priscilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Priscilla,

I have used every one of the resources that you list in your post. I've used all but Solution Manager in my classes. I can't say that I see how any of them relate the SDLC. As noted, ASAP would be relevant, but for an introductory level course (where students have no knowledge of SAP), I don't think that it is something I would recommend.

I've been trying to come up with something that would fit with covering the SDLC specifically, and I've not had much success. One could perhaps do some things with Visual Composer that would illustrate some of the stages of development, but the existing resources aren't really oriented towards that narative. I'll be interested to see if anyone else posts here with ideas.

One of the resources you've listed in your postERPsimhas nothing at all to do with development, but if you are looking at integrating SAP as a new resource into business-oriented classes, it is well worth investigating. I'm not sure how it might match up with your needs, but it is a very excellent vehicle for introducing ERP concepts to students in a very meaningful and interesting way.

I wish you well in your exploration of resources. As I can answer other questions, I'm happy to. I'm sure others around here may do so as well.