Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling Imports and Syndication

former_member283645
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Is it possible to schedule Importing?

If so can we do it Thrice a day in a stipulated time?

weekly?

monthly?

I am sure that syndication can be scheduled by placing it in Work flow(on record import, update, delete)

And by making the outbound port hourly, daily, weekly.

Can we schedule Syndication Monthly?

Kind Regards

Eva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Eva

Syndication Server.

You can configure syndication: hourly, daily and weekly.

OR

You can set in mdss.ini file next parameter:

Auto Syndication Task Delay (seconds) = The number of seconds MDSSu2019s automatic syndication task waits after syndicating to all ports associated with a repository.

Import Server.

You can set in mdis.ini time interval for automatic import:

interval =The number of seconds MDIS waits between scans of the MDM Server.

And you can use manual mode for both servers and initiate syndication or import process from mdm workflows or through MDM API.

Regrads

Kanstantsin Chernichenka

former_member283645
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kanstantsin,

How can we include an Import proces in MDM wf!!!

Kind Regards,

Eva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eva,

How can we include an Import proces in MDM wf!!!

In Data Manager, Once you have done with your design of mdm workflow, set workflow property Trigger Action = Record Import and set Autolaunch = immediate. But as you are looking for Scheduling import, I am not sure as i have not tried it so I would suggest just check and try with Autolaunch = Threshold and set Max Records = 1000 & Max Time = 3 days if it gives you desired result.

In import Manager, import map for which you want to set it. Go to configuration options--> set the property Checkout/Workflow = Workflow name from the drop down which you created in data manager and then save the map. So whenever record import for this map it will go through this mdm workflow.

PI/XI is also a good approach to control the import timing.

As you are looking for Import Scheduling thrice a day.

I feel that as soon as files comes to your ready folder port, files get imported to MDM if your Import Server is running. So in this case you can create another folder say initial backup import where you should contain import files and with the help of scripting language/scheduler, you should move files from this folder to ready folder after every three days.

Can we schedule Syndication Monthly?

You can make use of JAVA APIs and run a batch job to schedule it monthly.

Please refer these below threads for more details:

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry ! Posted twice..

former_member283645
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep,

"Trigger Action = Record Import " will trigger the Work flow after the record import.

Well, my question was how to trigger an Import process via a WF!!!!

Kind Regards

Eva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eva

Sceduling import using workflow is not possible. The solution mentioned above will enable you to launch the workflow after 3 days the records have been imported in MDM.

I remember we had a scheduling/batch import in earlier versions of MDM. but not now.

Syndication can be scheduled on hourly, daily , weekly basis but not monthly. Any need to syndicate records from MDM on a monthly basis can be very well done with a manual step instaed of using automatic syndication. Otherwise this can be done using a Syndication step in workflow.

Thanks-Ravi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont' think it is possible to trigger an import from a workflow.

It is only possible to trigger a workflow from an import

Regards,

Hedda Cohen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eva,

you cannot do this in MDM as the Import Server constantly scans the inbound ports. I would use PI to control the import timing.

Best regards

Christian