cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Knowledge Base Article "VS" SAP Notes

pr_srinivas
Contributor
0 Kudos

I was under assumption that SAP Knowledge Basie Article belongs to Specific to " Business Objects".

But when i looked at article :

1525059 - Analysis of Problems Accessing a PSE via Credentials...

It created a slight confusion and to know what is the differecne between SAP Knowledge Base Article "VS" SAP Notes , as the above mentioned article falling udner " BC-SEC-SNC" failling under this component and not in "Business Objects "

...https://websmp108.sap-ag.de/bosap-support ( which we use for BOBJ)

Regard...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Notes are for to resolve the bug and the SAP Knowledge Base Article is a document as how to. The note 1525059 is also related how to configure/resolve the SNC issues.

pr_srinivas
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sunil....

I think...some more clarity is required... as Every SAP Note is nor just bug fix..

Example : Note 710154 - How to create a thread dump for the J2EE Engine 6.40/7.0, is some like "How to" But it is a note.

Any other openion / Understanding.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

SAP Notes are released mostly as a correction - Notes provide either information or corrections for a released SP or Ehp.

Notes usually contain one of the following below:

1. A suggestion or a workaround to solve an issue that a customer is most likely to encounter, upon uing a particular SP or EHP

2. Code level corrections which will fix a particular bug. This kind of notes will have to be implemented by the customer using transaction SNOTE.

On the Other hand, an "SAP Knowledge Base Article" is more like a "how-to" guide or an explanation of some existing feature.

It never contains code level corrections.

Regards,

Sangeetha

Answers (0)