cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prioritize open inspection lots-

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am looking for way to prioritize or sort open inspection lots based on parts identified as critical part.

Here is our problem. Based on MRP results, planner identify parts as critical. For these parts we in quality department must expedite inspections. Currently we use QA33 selection variant with these part.

The process is working fine. But as QA33 is only selection variant, we are not able to analysis how many parts were prioritized over a period, how often list changes etc. We need this analysis for planning, budgeting operator overtime etc.

We studied changing inspection type using Q info records or QA08. As critical part list changes often we are not able to use these process.

My question is u2013 is there a way to automatically assign priority or somehow sort the open inspections for critical parts from all open inspections.

Thanks for your help

Marwadi.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear FF,

As I mentioned in my original posting, we have already considered QA08 and new inspection type option.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear FF,

We need ECO to change material master. ECO need approval from multiple departments hence MM02 or QA08 option is not suitable.

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I believe, the list of critical materials varies continuously. In order to sort out on the basis of critical materials, somebody has to acknowledge in the system that this is critical material. Not only that, this field should appear in QA32, then only you can do inspection based on its criticality. As you have already tried using different inspection types, try following work around if works for you.

1. Create separate storage location XXXX as critical parts.

2. Since all the departments know which material is critical / modified, ask them to do GR in this new storage location.

3. Execute QA32 and sort out on the basis on storage location.

4. You can transfer the stock from quality inspection of this storage location to unrestricted of different location through QA32.

Even if we implement ECO, the question remains same, that how this can be reflected in QA32 layout. Hence we have to utilize one of the fields to denote critical part that reflects in QA32.

Best Regards,

Anand Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

List is given to all departments. Currently List is in EXCEL with comments from every department. follow up action includes.

1. Purchasing expedites open PO.

2. Receiving / WM assign parts to special movement indicator

3. Manufacturing gets ready to prioritize the work orders

4. Quality assigns more resources to have inspection finished ASAP. Including reducing normal sample size or reduced preliminary testing, approving operator overtime hours etc

In short, it's very big dead when part is on that list.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Create a second inspection type for your critical parts, cr01 for instantance. Assign 01 and cr01 to all your materials.

If you set up the excel sheet right you should simply be able to copy the list of crtical part numbers.

Then on a monthly, or however frequently you need to, use QA08 to set all the materials to 01 as the preferred inspection type. Follow up immediately with qa08 and set the critical parts to cr01 as the preferred inspection type.

Then in qa33/32 sort by inspection type.

FF

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Seems interesting.

One question, When planner identifies the material as critical where he notifies to the system that this is critical part?

Regards

Anand Rao