cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where is that "Table button"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I have a excerpt from a book " Use the Tables button for the Franchises object to ensure only the FRANCHISE context

is used.", where is that "Table button"? I can't find it anywhere.

Many thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amrsalem1983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what you are trying to do exactly? and which tool?

there is the tables button to import tables from your source to the designer

you can just right click anywhere on an empty space, and select tables

or from the menu, select "Insert" - > "Tables"

thanks

Amr

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created a context named FRANCHISE context ( "SHOWROOM> FRANCHISE>MAKER"), this is also the shortcut join. there are two object "Showroom and Franchises" for query which separately come from tables "SHOWROOM and Maker". so I want to ensure only the FRANCHISE context is used ? the answer I get from book is as follows:

Answer: Use the Tables button for the Franchises object to ensure only the FRANCHISE contextis used.

I don't understand where is that "Tables button"?

0 Kudos

The Tables button is available in the Properties panel of your objects.

Regards,

Stratos

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The reason you want to do this is because the Franchise table is not used directly. So without including the table on the object definition, you would get prompted for a context.

To fix this, as suggested above, double-click on the object in question, and you will see the Tables button on the bottom of that screen. Click the Tables button, and include the Franchise table and save your object.

Be aware, however, that the tables list is automatically updated every time you change the object. So if you update the select or where clause at some point, you'll need to do this step again.