cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Level of moderation in SDN

MaheshChandra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From the last few days i think the level of moderation in SDN is decreased. Report abuse button with comments like cross postings,wrong forums,failed to search properly, very basic questions is not working. i think some moderators are busy and some other are influenced by the recent thread by one member questioning a moderator about the comments. The rules of Engagement is not changed but the moderation level is decreased. the good thing is some of the moderators(new to me) are actively participating in forums but some very known are not actively moderating. is there any desicion taken in Moderators forum regarding the moderation in SDN.Test and play ground forum is becoming very active but more of those threads coming from only few categories. all these are my opinions and so i have a question in my mind

Is the level of moderation in SDN decreased?

Regards

Mahesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

I'm looking into it.

Thanks for highlighting this, those 2 (or 1) will become guests very soon

Regards

Juan

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, I've been doing quite a bit. But I think I have noticed that the number of abuse reports has gone down over the last few days. ( btw - in the last 7 days 222 posts have been rejected, so there is some moderation going on ).

In your area (Portal), there were 30 rejections in the last 30 days. And 109 in the last 90. So in those terms, there hasn't really been a change.

What kind of things are you noticing?

matt

Edited by: Matt on Nov 27, 2010 7:02 AM

MaheshChandra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thanks matt,

i am unaware of these calculations, some threads with basic questions answered so many times are repeating again(.not only in portal area ). after reporting it if more members replied for it then the moderation is not taking effect.failed to search,basic are not taking seriously, few of my replies in the past are rejected for answering a basic question, but the same type questions are not moderating now and i also have to participate to tell the other possible answers. so i feel this

regards

Mahesh

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It may be just in your area - different moderators have different responsibility. I'll raise your concerns in the moderator forums

matt

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you both for keeping an eye on this.

It would be great if abuse reports decreased because there were less things to report (optimal outcome) but it would be good to get a feel from other moderators if that is what is happening or if there is a general weariness with dealing with the issues in a certain forum or area. If an area is relatively unmonitored and there seems to be a need for oversight we do need to know about it.

Having an area with little to no need for high level resolution is also a positive thing though. Some areas are self-adjusting.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There seem to be forums where abuse reports are not dealt with on a timely basis. I'll try to keep track of them from now on, so we can identify if there really is an in issue.

MaheshChandra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks all, sorry for late reply, thanks Matt for looking in this issue and i will inform any thing find wrong. at present closing this issue

thanks

Mahesh

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

It seems Virendra Pal, Moderator of PS forum is not active now-a-days. I am not sure who else is moderating the forum. But for past few days abuse reports are remained unattended, it seems. I have checked his profile his last login date was 15-12-2010. Things were good when he was active, he really kept the PS forum clean, but now it is turning in wrong direction, User started creating thread to ask for a tcode of std. sap report, which you can find easily if you browse under PS-IS section in SAP system. Even, people are encouring such kind of post for earning points. So, please look into it before it goes into more worse condition.

MaheshChandra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi all,

again i found something wrong in portal forum,so i am reopening this thread,

check the portal content development forum,something wrong with these ID's & their posts (Matt & Julius, have a look here)

http://forums.sdn.sap.com/profile.jspa?userID=4169141

http://forums.sdn.sap.com/profile.jspa?userID=4004058

already reported some threads but the list is more, so i am posting it here.

regards

mahesh