cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where is "LV for Solution Manager" product definition?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've installed LV for Solution Manager on my SolMan system. One of the errors it finds is for my SolMan system itself.

There is no product with subcomponent LV for SM! I am SPS 24.

Where/when (SP/note) does LV for SM get added to SMSY product definitions?

Ken

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

LV for SOLUTION MANAGER is working perfectly.

It has analysed my System Components and discovered a few orphans.

In particular "LV V100 for SOLUTION MANAGER" is an orphan. LVSM on the Error tab produces Warning "Some software components not covered by configured product instances". The suggested remedy was to add a product/product instance containing software component "LV for SOLUTION MANAGER", but at SPS 24 such doesn't exist. I wondered, since LV for SOLUTION MANAGER has been released, if there was a note (or announced SPS level) that adds product instance "LV for SOLUTION MANAGER" or some such. I suppose Landscape fetch needs update since it massages SMSY data too.

Ken

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ken

Have you imported all notes that are referenced in the general LV installation SAP note ?

Kind regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

please read the artical,demo and blog to understand about LV .

[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e093b3ce-c034-2d10-01bc-b51f1691d3da?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e093b3ce-c034-2d10-01bc-b51f1691d3da?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true]

[/people/wolf.hengevoss/blog/2010/11/22/landscape-verification-10-for-sap-solution-manager--system-demo|/people/wolf.hengevoss/blog/2010/11/22/landscape-verification-10-for-sap-solution-manager--system-demo]

Jansi

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

Landscape Verification Wizard is declared as a software component under SMSY and not a product. The product is SAP SOLUTION MANAGER 7.0 EHP 1. So this will be the product in SMSY. The software component is ST-LV 100 0000 and this is how it will display in SMSY under software components and not productsw. So I am not sure why you are wanting to see a definition for it under product version in SMSY?

What is the error you are getting when trying to install Landscape Verification?

Or is it installed but you just don't see it under products in SMSY?

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Perhaps this may help by installing the relevent note fixes for landscape verification

1468605 - Installing ST-LV 100 on SAP Solution Manager 7.0

some other notes which can be of relevence are

1484609 LVSM: Error corrections for product instance recognition

1485671 No systems displayed in Landscape Verification tool

1501586 Link to error message display is not working

1506251 Shortdump in IF_E2ELV_ADAPTER_PPMS~GET_TEXT_FOR_PVINST

1506730 Corrections for Product Instance Detection (LVSM_LOAD)

1510273 Incorrect product instance detection status reported

1511818 Relevant product instances not included in detection

1516332 Corrections for system factorization and guessing

1517258 Dual stack systems are not recognized correctly

1525078 LVSM:No product instance detection for TREX/LiveCache system

1528030 Inconsistent display of systems and landscape pattern

Hope this helps.

Cheers

SH