Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who is the moderator of this forum?

script_man
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi moderator,

Can you explain officially why you delete my posts fully or partially?

Regards,

ScriptMan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure, but "Blag" was often active here in the past.

I just roam around here looking for passwords..

Anyway, what happened?

If a moderator did reject a post of yours, then the system will have sent you a mail. This happens when someone has complained about something via the "Report Abuse" button?

Cheers,

Julius

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure, but "Blag" was often active here in the past.

That's true -:) Was active in the past...and trying to get back in shape -;)

It wasn't me who delete the posts...as Julius says...if someone else sees something inappropriate they can press the abuse button...then other Moderator will take actions on that post or posts...

Can't tell you why...but mostly because maybe you did Link farming, you pass your mail, you misbehaved, or broke any other of the forum rules...

Greetings,

Blag.

script_man
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Blag and Julius,

Thank you for your comments. It's strange, but some is in this forum reminiscent of a censorship. A little tolerance would not hurt.

Regards,

ScriptMan

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are going to have to provide a bit more information than this generic rant if you want a proper answer here...

What exactly happened? We can then look to see whether it came in via Report Abuse alerts or was actioned on for some reason a moderator "invented" themselves.

I find your comments offensive and would like to see some evidence.

Cheers,

Julius

script_man
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

only then I've read Rules of Engagement. OK, it was my fault. But I have something against being shot with a sledgehammer to crack a nut. I guess I'd point it out first before one must select a drastic step that removes a complete response with a link to this forum.

My Notes:

A request to assess the answer has been deleted. See the following link:

https: / / forums.sdn.sap.com / /community [original link is broken] messageID = 9755568 # 9755568

A complete answer with a link to this forum with a request to assess the answer has been deleted. See the following link and the second to last question of Kibok Lee:

https: / / forums.sdn.sap.com / /community [original link is broken] messageID = 9750698 # 9750698

There was a link to:

https: / / forums.sdn.sap.com / /community [original link is broken] messageID = 9391993 # 9391993

I thought for a moment to leave this forum completely. But today I say to myself, we are all just people.

Regards,

ScriptMan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Scriptman,

Looking at those messages the edits were very discrete IMO.

Actually there is even some degree of automation involved here... global moderators have a bookmark which scans for certain patterns in threads which are known to be irritations.

One of them is the various forms of "requesting ponits" and another is habitual "linkfarming". These are then removed via an Admin Console we have access to an replaced with <removed_by_moderator>.

I do however agree with you that the moderator should have left an "Edited by ...." mark and that sometimes "innocent bystanders" also take a hit from such actions.

Unfortunately linkfarming and ponits begging are very infectious, so the tolerance threshhold approaches zero as the list of occurances per day gets longer and longer...

There are several discussions about this in the Coffee Corner forum as well. I can move this thread over to there if further discussion is wanted or usefull (the Coffee Corner loves a good rant!), but see that you have now closed the thread so I assume the issue is okay for you now?

Anyway, if it means anything, I enjoy reading your posts.

Cheers,

Julius

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I do however agree with you that the moderator should have left an "Edited by ...." mark and that sometimes "innocent bystanders" also take a hit from such actions.

Agree with that...I always leave my mark so people know who they can hate -:P I guess not all Mod do that...but with level of offenders and offensive posts, it's sometimes hard to be polite enough to leave a mark...

Anyway...I guess you're a good contributor Scriptman...so thanks for not leaving this forum -:)

Greetings,

Blag.

Answers (0)