cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert Frequency in Solman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We can change the Alert frequency in Solman, but can we customize it in respect of Green , Yellow n Red alerts.

E.g- say a alert is CPU utilization now i want that if it is populating Red alert then it should come in 0 sec and it is populating green or yellow then frequency be 1200 sec. If possible then how to configure it ? plz help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Nibu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hope you are talking abt the system monitoring threshold values .

Threshold values can be changed at DSWP > SYSEM MONITORING > SET UP SYSTEM MONITORING . Select alerts and check performance attribute tab for giving threshold values. Here you have to specify the threshold values for each alert MTEs . MB or % or ms etc .

Regards,

Nibu Antony

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Antony,

i m talking about changing the frequency of the Alerts which we get through the following link

DSWP - SYSTEM MONITORING - SET UP SYSTEM MONITORING - CLICK ON ALERT- PROPERTIES - METHOD

UNDER TAB METHOD WE GET the frequency of setting the alerts by the name *Do not trigger alerts within the first u2026* here u can set the frequency but ma query is can we set in such a manner like if the system is popping red alert then it should cum in 0 sec n if the alert is green or yellow then in say 600 secs ?

hope i m clear... also Antony plz throw some light on is it mandatory to define Data collection method and Analysis method for each alert setting under tab Method as mentioned above ??

n wat is the relevance of Object in alerts do we need to take care of that ?

kindly help.

regards

Muskaan

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

HEllo,

In system Monitoring setup the MTE is not determiniting the frequency.

It is determining the average number of waiting processes over a period of 5 minutes -CPU/5minuteloadaverage as an example.

The methods tab has values to start and stop data collection and Methods assigments such as Auto-reaction, Analysis and data collection.

The Performance tab is where you set the thresholds for green to yellow, yellow to red, and also the reset values, red to yellow, yellow to green. So the alert is based on performance as measure over a 5minute period.

Your question is not making sense, because this is based on a 5 minute average load, and depending on the load is rated green, yellow or red.

On the tab general where it says "Do not trigger alerts within the first 600 secconds", this is just a delay on issuing alerts based on an average value, which averages always need to be calculated, so the time cpould never be set to 0.

If you set it to zero, then it will set the alert in the monitor before collecting any data. But you can't say if it is 0 seconds and green send the alert, or if it is 600 seconds and red, then alert in 600 seconds. The laod is measured over 5 minutes, the results are then compared to the threshold, and based on the value the qappropriate alert color is assignedI hope this answerers your original question.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Thanks a lot for the valuable answer... just confirm 2 things ..

average number of waiting processes over a period of 5 minutes ?? is this standard for all MTE or u talked abt CPU5 min load average MTE only..??

On the tab general where it says "Do not trigger alerts within the first 600 secconds", this is just a delay on issuing alerts based on an average value, which averages always need to be calculated, .. how will i calculate this ? plz let me know.

regards,

Muskaan

daniel_nicol
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

It is not possible to configure the thresholds for the EWA alerts.

For more information about what would cause a green/yellow/red rating for each section, please check the samples in service.sap.com/ewa -> Media Library.

Regards,

Daniel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i dnt want to configure the threshold that is sap standards i knw.

i want to set the frequency of getting alerts which can be customised.

e.g. CPU Utilization threshold limits are

Green to Yellow Yellow to Red Red to yellow Yellow to Green Units

90 98 92 85 %

Now what i want, that if red Alert is populated by Solman then frequency of getting the alert should be 0 secs

and if green n yellow alert is there then frequency should be 600 sec.. is it possible to configure like that ?

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Muskaan05,

The checks in EWA reports are standard for all customers.

There are general ABAP and JAVA checks and there are product specific checks for many system types., so you will see variations in EWA reports, but this is not based on customizing.

There is no possibility for the customer to change any of the checks, the values or the frequencies.

EWA reports are NOT customizable.

What you can change is the day the report is generated. You can also turn off/on certain functional checks, where you are not using a functionality. As an example in SOlution Manager if you are not using Service Desk, you can turn off this check in Self Diagnosis. You can opt to send EWA reports to SAP for QAS and Production systems.

However there is no possibility for the customer to makes any changes to the checks performed or the frequency they are performed for EarlyWatch Alerts.

So the short answer is "No".

Regards,

Paul