cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FMDERIVE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I have some doubts concerning derivation rules in FMDERIVE.

I need to use field EKGRP - Purchasing Group - as a source field in a derivation rule. Can you give me any idea on how I can do that?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Joana Mensurado

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,add this field to fmderive table.

Check note 480878

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your answer. As for my understanding of note 480878, it is only to add the following fields:

Controlling fields:

- Business Process

- Cost Object

Material Management fields:

- Valuation type

- Valuation area

- Special stock indicator

Partner related fields:

- Trading partner's business area

- Partner profit center

I need to add a field from MM, EKGRP - Purchasing group. Is it possible with this note?

Thanks again for your help.

Regards,

Edited by: Joana Mensurado Santos on Nov 29, 2010 12:21 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, you can add it in the next way: Add it to FMDERIVE, then to COBL.

After make assignment in include ZXFMDTU02(func module EXIT_SAPLFMDT_002)

Former Member
0 Kudos

And almost forgot: in COBL structure required field has to have the same name as in abap dictionary(in your case EKORG)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

We have already implemented the note and added the field EKGRP in the structure COBL.

When testing derivation rules in a purchase requisition, for exemple, everything is ok. But when saving this same document no derivation occurs.

Do you know why this is happening? Is there any other step that we need to perform?

Many thanks.

Joana Mensurado

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, it's not standard behavior. Try activate-deactivate derivation .( of course in test system). May be it's worth to search some notes

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please, check if 1330498 note helps...

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

That problem was solved. Thanks for your help the note was very helpful.

Now I have another problem.

When using this new field EKGRP I insert a value in the field and the derivation is done correctly even before saving the document.

But if, before saving the document, I change this field (EKGRP) the system doesn't call the derivation strategy and doesn't update the values. Although if I change another field, the derivation strategy is called and the data is correctly updated.

It seems that it is missing something. Should this field be added somewhere else?

Thanks for your help!

Kind regards,

Joana Mensurado

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing the exact same problem. Have you solved the problem? It will be of great help if you let me know how you have solved this.

Thanks in advance!

Snigdho

Answers (0)